Easy 4th of July Recipes for an old-fashioned holiday gathering. These are my tried and true favorites for summer cookouts and get togethers including appetizers, main dishes, sides, desserts and drinks! There's something to please everyone!
We always host a big 4th of July celebration and it's a guaranteed good time with delicious food, swimming, playing horse shoes and an epic fireworks show. I look forward to it all year long!
How to Host the Best 4th of July Party:
- Plan the menu in advance. Prepare the side dishes, condiments and desserts a day in advance.
- Plan to have drinks for both kids and adults.
- Don't go overboard with the decorations. Simple mason jars filled with sunflowers and patriotic pinwheels will add a festive vibe without breaking the bank.
- Don't be afraid to let your guests pitch in with their favorite potluck dish, bags of ice, paper plates, napkins or drinks.
- Have guests bring extra lawn chairs so everyone has a comfortable seat for the fireworks show.
These are my tried and true recipes that are perfect for any size get together with some make ahead recipes too.