Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts are an incredibly delicious appetizer that is super simple to make for holidays, parties and game day get togethers. Only 3 ingredients in this easy appetizer!
Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts
Just take me to the recipe! If you just need to print out the recipe card, scroll on down to the bottom of the post. You will find the full ingredients and instructions. Otherwise read on for step by step photos of the process.
How to Make Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts:
- Cut thin sliced bacon into thirds.
- Wrap around water chestnuts and secure with a toothpick.
- Place on a lined baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes.
- Drain bacon grease and save for another use.
- Dip wrapped water chestnuts into Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce and return to baking sheet.
- Bake for another 10-15 minutes until bacon is cooked to desired doneness.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes before serving.
Seriously, let these cool before you dig in. They will melt your mouth off if you eat them right out of the oven. They smell so good and it's hard to resist digging right in. I have to remind my kids Every Single Time!
Plus if you let them rest for a bit, the bacon crisps up and they are even better. You can serve these warm or at room temperature. Either way they are completely irresistible.
Barbecue Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts are always the first to disappear from our appetizer bar, no matter what the occasion is. My kids can't get enough of these and I usually end up making a double batch.
More Easy Appetizers to Try:
- Fried Pickles are totally irresistible and I love dipping them in ranch dressing!
- Easy Deviled Eggs are a must have for any holiday, cookout or family dinner.
- Fried Tortellini are easy to make before the party, so good dipped in marinara sauce.
- Easy Popcorn Chicken is always a hit with the crowd. We dip them in homemade barbecue sauce and they are gone in seconds.
- Southern Fried Shrimp is a great appetizer for parties. I love dipping them in White Barbecue Sauce.
- Cocktail Meatballs are made with Italian Sausage and are guaranteed to be the hit of the party!
- Knorr Spinach Dip is a classic dip that you can make ahead of the party we never have one bite left!
- Cajun Chex Mix is a favorite for any major snack craving. This version gets a new twist with homemade blackened seasoning.
- Easy Appetizers for parties, game day gatherings and simple holiday entertaining.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
What You Need for Bacon Wrapped Water Chestnuts:
- Parchment Paper is my favorite for lining baking pans. You can also use foil, but I like the parchment paper best.
- Wooden Toothpicks or fancy Bamboo Picks are perfect for bite sized appetizers.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 1 pound thin sliced bacon
- 16 ounces water chestnuts (2 cans)
- ¾ cup Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Cut bacon into thirds.
- Drain water chestnuts.
- Wrap bacon slices around water chestnuts and secure with a toothpick. Place on a lined baking sheet in a single layer, not touching.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Drain bacon grease and reserve for another use.
- Dip wrapped water chestnuts in barbecue sauce and return to baking pan.
- Bake for another 10- 15 minutes or until bacon is cooked through.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 299Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 56mgSodium: 1019mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 20g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.