Frito Corn Salad is a flavorful side dish filled with sweet corn, onions, peppers, cheese and crushed Chili Cheese Fritos. A great recipe for any cookout, celebration or potluck get together.
I might be the last person on earth to find out about Frito Corn Salad but just in case you haven’t tried it or maybe just haven’t thought about it in a while, I am here to say, you gotta try it.
Ingredients for Frito Corn Salad:
- Canned Sweet Corn
- Bell Pepper
- Red Onion
- Shredded Cheese (sharp cheddar, colby-jack or pepper jack)
- Chili Cheese Fritos (or regular Fritos)
How to Make Frito Corn Salad:
- Drain corn well and add to a bowl with diced bell pepper, diced onion, shredded cheese and mayonnaise.
- Stir together, cover and refrigerate one hour or overnight.
- Just before serving, add about 1/2 of the bag of crushed Fritos. Stir and serve immediately. Fritos can also be added as the salad is plated if you are not serving a crowd. A good idea if you don’t think you’ll eat it all in one sitting. The Fritos will be soggy if refrigerated.
Corn salad is an easy recipe to double as needed.
How to Store:
Store corn salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. Add crushed Fritos before serving.
This salad is a great compliment to so many dinners. We served it with fried fish and hushpuppies and it was out of this world. It would also be great with bbq burgers, grilled bbq chicken or brisket tacos.
Side dishes are not my strong suit and honestly most of the time my family is happy with just meat and potatoes but this corn salad is so easy that I will be making it all the time. This easy Bacon White Cheddar Corn is new favorite to add to your list to try.
Add this super easy Frito Corn Salad to your list to try, I promise you are going to love it!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 1 can whole kernel sweet corn (15 ounces)
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded cheese (sharp cheddar, colby-jack, or pepper jack)
- 5 ounces crushed Chili Cheese Fritos
- Drain corn and add to a medium size bowl.
- Mix in bell peppers, red onion, mayonnaise and cheese.
- Cover and refrigerate at least an hour or overnight.
- Mix in crushed Fritos just before serving.
If you don't plan on eating the salad in one sitting, just add Fritos as you plate it.
Store corn salad in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Double recipe as needed.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 547Total Fat: 42gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 30gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 763mgCarbohydrates: 34gFiber: 4gSugar: 5gProtein: 11g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.