Bacon White Cheddar Corn is the most delicious cream corn ever! A quick and easy skillet recipe that is a great addition to any meal and delicious enough to serve for special occasions and holiday dinners.
I was never a huge cream corn fan until I tried the Rudy's Cream Corn from Bluebonnets and Brownies. This version is made on the stovetop and has tons of flavor from the sharp white cheddar and crispy bacon. You know I am all about the crispy bacon recipes!
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Ingredients for Bacon White Cheddar Corn:
- Frozen Corn
- Cream Cheese
- White Cheddar Cheese
- Granulated Garlic
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Parsley, optional garnish
How to Make Bacon White Cheddar Corn:
- Cook bacon, drain on paper towels until cool. Crumble and set aside.
- Melt butter in a skillet and add corn, season with garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat until corn is just heated through, about 6- 8 minutes.
- Mix in cream cheese and shredded white cheddar.
- Continue to cook until cheese is bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Top with crumbled bacon and serve immediately.
How to Store and Reheat:
Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days. I don't recommend freezing this corn, it's best made fresh and consumed in a few days.
Reheat in a skillet over low heat, stirring often until heated through.
Many creamed corn recipes are baked or made in the slow cooker and they are so delicious but I love this quick and easy skillet version. I'm not the best at planning ahead and this side dish is ready in about 25 minutes, including cooking the bacon.
You might also like this Chile Butter Corn on the Cob for a simple side dish.
Side dishes are a hard sell to my family, they really just prefer meat and potatoes and an occasional slice of garlic bread. However, this Bacon White Cheddar Corn was a huge hit and will be on the menu on a regular basis. Add it to the menu this week and let me know what you think!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups frozen corn (2 10 ounce packages)
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded sharp white cheddar cheese
- 4 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, optional for garnish
- Place a skillet over medium heat and melt butter. Add corn, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Cook, stirring often until corn is heated through about 8 minutes.
- Stir in cream cheese and shredded cheddar.
- Continue cooking until mixture is bubbly, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and top with bacon crumbles and garnish with parsley if desired.
Store leftover corn in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
Reheat in a skillet over low heat, stirring until warmed through.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 378Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 68mgSodium: 815mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 16g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.