As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Apple Fritter Cake with a sweet powdered sugar glaze is a simple loaf cake that will remind you of your favorite apple fritter. This easy cake has layers of moist vanilla cake, tart apples with lots of cinnamon and sugar for a easy and delicious dessert!
Apple Fritter Cake
Apple desserts are perfect for fall holidays and get togethers but don’t wait for a special occasion to try this apple fritter cake. It’s so simple, you can make it any day of the week!
Just take me to the recipe! You will find the full recipe card with ingredients and instructions at the very bottom of the post. Otherwise read on for the step by step photos.
How to Make Apple Fritter Cake:
- Mix cinnamon and sugar together in a small bowl and set aside.
- Add butter and sugar to a mixer bowl and beat together. Mix in vanilla and one egg at a time until blended. Scrape down sides and bottom of bowl.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Add half of mixture to batter and mix at medium speed. Add buttermilk and then remaining flour mixture. Mix until well combined.
- Toss the apples with cinnamon and sugar.
- Spray a loaf pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Layer half of cake batter into pan and spread evenly. Top with half of apples. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Repeat with cake batter, apples and cinnamon sugar mixture. Swirl the top layer with a knife.
- Bake for about 60 to 65 minutes.
- Drizzle icing over warm cake, slice and serve.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
This recipe comes from The EasyCakeCookbook, by Amanda Couse. It is the ultimate guide for cake lovers who are big on taste―but short on time. If you’re a busy home baker or a cake-loving beginner, this cake cookbook offers friendly, fail-safe advice so you can bake fast and flavorful cakes whenever you have the craving.
You will find coffee cakes, bundt cakes, snacking cakes, skillet cakes, little cakes and toppings. This is a great cookbook for home bakers and inspiring cooks.
The book is available for pre-order on Amazon.com NOW and officially launches on December 3, 2019. Check out more of Amanda’s amazing recipes at Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt.
Grab a copy along with my favorite Silverstone Loaf Pan and you are ready to bake!
More Apple Desserts to Try:
Fried Apple Hand Pies are one of the most delicious desserts that I’ve ever made. The flakiest fried pie dough wrapped around tender apples and drenched in powdered sugar icing. They are beyond irresistible.
Fresh Apple Cake comes from my mom’s recipe box. This cake is super easy and incredibly delicious. A great cake to bake and share for the holidays.
Easy Apple Cobbler is and old fashioned dessert just like grandma would make. Top it off with vanilla ice cream for a family favorite dessert.
Apple Upside Down Cake is super easy and incredibly delicious. This cake is a must- try for apple lovers!
Try this Apple Fritter Cake for a weekend brunch, an easy weeknight dessert or for your next holiday get together. It’s so simple and delicious!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
FOR THE CINNAMON SUGAR
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
FOR THE CAKE
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
FOR THE APPLES
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 3/4 cups chopped peeled baking apples
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cream or milk
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a loaf pan with nonstick baking spray. Set aside.
- For the cinnamon sugar, in a small bowl, combine the brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- For the cake, in a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream the sugar and butter together until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla, then add the eggs, one at a time, beating just until each egg is incorporated. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add the dry ingredients
and buttermilk to the butter-sugar mixture in the large bowl, alternating back and forth between the two, starting and ending with our and beating on medium speed.
- Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl with a spatula and stir in any unmixed bits of batter.
- 5. For the apples, in another medium bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon. Add the apples and toss until the apples are coated with the cinnamon sugar.
- Add half of the batter to the prepared loaf pan. Add half of the apples in a layer and gently push them down into the batter. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon sugar over the apples.
- Repeat, adding the remaining batter, apples, and cinnamon sugar. Use a skewer to swirl it all together.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 60 to 65 minutes.
- Mix powdered sugar and cream together in a small bowl until smooth.
- Place cake on a serving platter and drizzle warm cake with icing.
- Slice and serve warm or at room temperature.
Store leftover cake tightly wrapped in plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 266 Total Fat: 10g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 56mg Sodium: 235mg Carbohydrates: 41g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 27g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g