As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy Apple Crisp is so simple to make and one of the most loved desserts for any night of the week. Cinnamon and sugar apples baked with a crunchy brown sugar and oat crumble topping. Add a scoop of vanilla ice cream or homemade whipped cream for something extra special.
Easy Apple Crisp
This easy dessert is a slight variation on my easy blackberry crisp. I doubled the brown sugar and oat topping because let’s face it, the crispy topping is irresistible!
How to Make Easy Apple Crisp:
- Peel and core apples. Cut into bite- sized pieces or slices, which ever you prefer. Place in a pie plate or baking dish. Top with lemon juice.
- Mix brown sugar, cornstarch and ground cinnamon together. Pour over apples and mix together.
- In a large bowl combine flour, oats, brown sugar, ground cinnamon and kosher salt together.
- Cut in 1 stick of butter until totally combined.
- Sprinkle over apple mixture.
- Place pie plate on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 40-50 minutes or until top is lightly browned and apples are tender. The baking sheet will catch any spills if the apple filling bubbles over.
Fruit crisp is one of my favorite desserts because it’s so easy to make. No pie crust to roll out and you can make it with any fruit you have on hand like peaches or cherries. It’s always a family favorite with the crispy crumb topping.
Serve warm or at room temperature with vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.
This easy crisp is simple enough to make for a weeknight but totally delicious enough for entertaining.
What kind of apples are best for apple crisp?
I used Granny Smith apples for this recipe. I’ve also made it with Gala or Fuji apples, use your favorite.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 4 medium to large apples
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the topping
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Peel, core and cut apples into bite sized pieces.
- Add apples to a 9 inch pie plate or baking dish and top with lemon juice.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup brown sugar, cornstarch and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon together.
- Mix flour, 1 cup brown sugar, oats, 1 teaspoon cinnamon and salt together.
- Cut butter into slices and cut into oat mixture until totally combined.
- Sprinkle crumble mixture evenly over apples.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake for 40-50 minutes or until crisp is browned and apples are tender.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 507Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 225mgCarbohydrates: 89gFiber: 5gSugar: 57gProtein: 5g