Easy Apple Cobbler Recipe that can be made with any fruit. Top with ice cream for a delicious dessert that tastes just like grandma made and the entire family will love it.
This Easy Apple Cobbler is a tried and true family favorite. It’s a super simple recipe and you likely have all of the ingredients in your kitchen. It’s even easy enough for the kids to help out.
There’s just nothing better than the smell of homemade apple cobbler wafting from the kitchen. All of that cinnamon and sugar goodness. This is a dessert we enjoy all year long. Often for a weeknight dessert but it’s totally delicious enough for entertaining or special occasions too.
I love it so much that I have created a How To Make Easy Apple Cobbler Video with the recipe below. Now you can see just how easy it really is!
Easy Apple Cobbler
This is classic cobbler. I adapted this recipe from the one my Mother-in-law gave me from an old cookbook. The cookbook calls it “Don’t Stir Pudding” because you pour everything into the pan without stirring.
I love looking through old cookbooks, they are so interesting and I love finding those hidden gems that become new again.
This is one of my favorite heirloom recipes. I have learned so much from reading old cookbooks. Back before the days of Food Network, I spent hours pouring over any cookbook I could get my hands on. I was always jotting down recipes to try and this one is a keeper!
I have a little copper recipe box filled with my favorites. Do you still have a recipe box or do you just look it up online these days?
How to Make Easy Apple Cobbler:
- Combine apples, brown sugar and cinnamon.
Melt butter and pour into baking pan.
Mix together: flour and sugar.
- Add milk and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Add baking powder, stirring until all combined.
Pour batter over melted butter, do not stir.
- Add apples evenly over batter. Do not stir.
Bake until edges are browned and filling is bubbly.
This Easy Apple Cobbler is one of the simplest desserts I’ve ever baked and the best part is that it tastes just like your grandma would make!
I’ve made this with peaches, blackberries and apples and I think any fruit would be delicious. It’s so easy and comes together with simple pantry ingredients and a little fruit. It is so good!
My son loves this cobbler so much that he usually requests it for his birthday every year. It’s perfect for entertaining but simple enough to enjoy any night of the week.
I’m all about the easy recipes. I am usually too busy for complicated recipes and I really like if I have the ingredients on hand.
I do find that this cobbler is best if you eat it the first day. If you have leftovers, it’s best to refrigerate it and let it come to room temperature to serve or warm it up slightly.
I love to serve this cobbler with a scoop or two of Vanilla Bean Ice Cream. Warm apple cobbler and ice cream is pretty hard to beat, don’t you agree?
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- 8 cups apples,peeled, cored and sliced
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup butter
- 1½ cup sugar
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1¾ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Combine apples, brown sugar and cinnamon in a large bowl, set aside.
- Melt butter and pour into a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, add flour and sugar, stir together. Add milk and vanilla and stir until smooth. Add baking powder, stirring until all combined.
- Pour batter over melted butter, do not stir. Pour apples evenly over batter and butter. Once again do not stir.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes until edges are browned and filling is bubbly.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving. Perfect with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream.
Recipe updated with new photos and video February, 2017.