As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Million Dollar Pound Cake is a buttery and decadent dessert to serve for any occasion. It is perfectly delicious served plain or topped with whipped cream and fresh berries. Easy enough for any day of the week and a great dessert for celebrations, holidays and special occasions.
A while back I was looking through my mom’s recipe binder with her favorite recipes. I came across a clipping from the Rural Electric Arkansas magazine with the classic Million Dollar Pound Cake recipe and I knew my family would love it.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
There are a few simple steps for making this cake and it takes a bit of time to bake but it is totally worth the time and effort. This is one of the most delicious cakes that I’ve ever baked.
With only a few ingredients, I almost always have everything on hand to bake this rich and buttery cake. It’s a surefire hit for dessert cravings.
How to Make Million Dollar Pound Cake:
- Add butter to a bowl and beat with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Gradually add in sugar with the mixer running.
- Mix in eggs one at a time until incorporated.
- Next, add flour with the mixer on low, a bit at a time, alternating with milk. Mix until all combined.
- Fold in vanilla and almond extracts.
- Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- Pour in cake batter and smooth out evenly.
- Bake for 1 hour 30 to 1 hour 40 minutes.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and serve plain or with whipped cream and fresh berries.
Tips for Baking Pound Cake:
- Make sure to grease your bundt pan well and dust it with flour. This will ensure your cake doesn’t stick.
- Bake on the middle oven rack so that the top doesn’t over brown.
- Check your cake for doneness about 10 minutes before the cooking time is up. Oven temperatures can vary. Inserting a long toothpick or sharp knife near the center will come out clean when the cake is baked through.
- Use a sharp knife to loosen the cake from the edges of the pan before removing.
- Allow cake to cool completely for nice, clean slices.
How to Store Pound Cake:
Pound cake can be wrapped tight with plastic wrap and stored at room temperature up to three days. If refrigerated, it will keep up to about a week.
You can also freeze pound cake by wrapping it in several layers of plastic wrap and placing in a freezer bag or wrapped in foil. It will keep about 6 months in the freezer. Thaw to room temperature before serving.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Best Tools for Baking Pound Cake:
Electric mixer: best to get the batter mixed to the lightest and fluffiest.
Slicone spatula: essential for scraping the batter into the pan.
Wire cooling rack: perfect for cooling cakes and cookies.
Serrated knife: great for getting those perfect slices.
Pound cake has always been one of my favorite desserts and this is probably my most favorite version. The buttery flavor really stands out and the texture of this cake is velvety and smooth with a crunchy crust. It’s one of the best desserts you can make for any occasion.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 1 pound of salted butter (4 sticks), room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- shortening or butter for greasing the pan
- additional flour for flouring the pan
- Whipped Cream and fresh fruit for serving, optional
- Preheat oven to 300°.
- Add softened butter to a large mixer bowl and beat at medium speed for 5 minutes. Gradually add in sugar while mixing and continue to mix until batter is fluffy and light in color.
- Mix in eggs one at a time with the mixer running until all incorporated.
- Add flour a bit at a time, alternating with milk and mix well.
- Fold in vanilla and almond extracts.
- Prepare bundt or tube pan by greasing with shortening or butter and then dusting with flour.
- Pour batter into pan and smooth evenly.
- Bake on the center rack of the oven for 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 40 minutes or until a sharp knife inserted into center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and allow cake to cool 10 minutes. Loosen edges of cake with a sharp knife and invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serve plain or with whipped cream and fresh fruit if desired.
Store cooled cake wrapped tight with plastic wrap at room temperature up to 3 days or in refrigerator up to 7 days.
Freeze cake wrapped in several layers of plastic wrap and place in a freezer bag or a layer of foil up to 6 months.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 861Total Fat: 43gSaturated Fat: 26gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 214mgSodium: 355mgCarbohydrates: 109gFiber: 2gSugar: 60gProtein: 11g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.