Tuscan Sausage Potato Soup is a rich and creamy soup perfect for busy weeknights! You won't believe how easy this soup comes together and has less than 10 ingredients! From The Simple Kitchen Cookbook.
Y'all it's soup season! Of course the weather has been in the seventies here in Oklahoma but that has not kept me from making pots and pots of soup and ordering cozy sweaters!
This soup is unbelievably easy to make! Seriously, anyone could make this. It comes from The Simple Kitchen Cookbook by Donna and Chad Elick of The Slow Roasted Italian. If you are new to their site, you are going to be blown away by the deliciousness!
You are going to want to pick up a copy and it would also make a great gift for the holidays! Speaking of Christmas shopping, have you started? I have ordered just a couple of things but I don't even have a plan yet. I'm a total procrastinator and last minute shopper!
Last year we baked a bunch of Donna's Famous Sugar Cookies from The Slow Roasted Italian and made their Best-Tasting Sugar Cookie Icing, which is seriously the best.
I was so glad that these recipes are included in the cookbook. We will be making them again this year. Baking goodies for the holidays is my favorite and Emmet loves decorating cookies and we all love eating them!
You will find amazing appetizers, easy dinners, sides dishes that will steal the show and perfect desserts like Ooey-Gooey Fudgy Chocolate Brownies! Time saving recipes that the whole family will love!
I have spent every free second lately working on launching our Red River Iron online boutique and quick dinners like this simple Tuscan Sausage Potato Soup have totally saved dinner time! If you are a procrastinator like me, check it out, we have some great gift options and no crowds to fight!
Lately, I have become a total soup fanatic. There's just something so comforting about a big warm bowl of soup. It is filling and delicious. Just add a side of my White Cheddar Potato Rolls or Skillet Cornbread and I am one happy camper.
I remember my mom making huge pots of potato soup when I was growing up, it was always so dang good. I've made Slow Cooker Cheesy Smoked Sausage Idaho Potato Soup and Creamy Ham and Potato Soup.
This Tuscan Sausage Potato Soup might be my new favorite and we are loving this Quick Smoked Sausage and Potato Soup too.
You just can't beat this kind of comfort food. Next on my list is this Instant Pot Potato Corn Chowder!
I think I had this on the table in about 30 minutes. The potatoes are cut into small cubes and when they become tender, you remove about a cup and mash them. When you add them back in, it thickens the soup.
I'm pretty much a sissy when it comes to spicy foods so I used mild sausage and the red pepper flakes added plenty of kick for me. If you are into the spicy, by all means pick up the spicy Italian sausage. Spicy or mild, I know you are going to love it!
- 1 pound Italian Hot Sausage, casing removed (I used mild)
- 6 cups reduced sodium chicken stock
- 6 medium russet potatoes (2 pounds), cut into ½ inch cubes
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt, more to taste
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, more to taste
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Warm a Dutch oven or 6-quart pot over medium-high heat. Once you can feel the heat when you hold your hand 6 inches above the pot, crumble in the Italian sausage. Cook, stirring occasionally and breaking up the sausage as desired, until the sausage is browned and cooked through, 5-7 minutes. Drain the sausage drippings from the pan.
- Return the pot to the heat and add the chicken stock, potatoes, salt and red pepper flakes. Boil until the potatoes are for-tender, about 15 minutes. Use a slotted spoon to remove 1 cup of potatoes from the pot and place them in a bowl. Mash the potatoes and pour them back into the pot; this will help thicken the soup. Add the kale and cream to the soup, and stir to combine. Continue cooking the soup until the kale is wilted and tender, about 3 more minutes. Taste for seasoning and add salt to taste and red pepper flakes.
Disclosure: I was provided with a copy of this cookbook for review, all thoughts and opinions are my own. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.