Today I have a comforting and delicious Slow Cooker Cheesy Smoked Sausage and Idaho Potato Soup perfect for every occasion from tailgating to family game night or dinner with friends. This is a hearty and filling meal that everyone will enjoy!
This post is in partnership with the Idaho Potato Commission.
This has Slow Cooker Cheesy Smoked Sausage and Potato Soup has become a real family favorite. I have added a video below, to show you just how easy it is to make!
I’m teaming up with Virtual Potluck and the Idaho Potato Commission to share tailgating recipes featuring Idaho® potatoes.
As fall rolls around and the weather starts to cool down comfort foods are the best. It’s all about the football games, hunting season and spending time with your family and friends. You gotta love it!
This Cheesy Smoked Sausage and Idaho Potato Soup just takes a few minutes of prep and then your slow cooker works it’s magic to create an incredibly delicious and filling meal.
The house smelled so good while it was cooking! When the soup was just about ready, I popped a pan of cornbread in the oven and I can’t think of anything better to nibble on during game time!
After a hectic week, this was really the perfect Sunday meal. Generally when I make soup, I take the time to sauté the vegetables but in the slow cooker the flavors have time to come together without taking that extra step.
Potatoes are on the menu just about every night of the week and we love these Bacon Cheese Burger Twice Baked Idaho Potatoes to change up the dinner rotation.
The Idaho Potatoes were perfectly tender and the smokiness of the sausage was the perfect compliment to the dish. I hope you give this one a go soon! It is definitely going on my fall meal rotation!
Idaho grown potatoes have a high solids content, so there’s more potato and less water. The high quantity of starch grains cook to a light, fluffy texture and full, firm appearance when properly prepared.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
HOW TO MAKE SLOW COOKER CHEESY SMOKED SAUSAGE AND POTATO SOUP VIDEO:
- 2 pounds Idaho® Potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size chunks
- 1½ - 2 pounds smoked sausage cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 cup diced sweet peppers
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1½ tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons Mrs. Dash or other all purpose seasoning
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Place potatoes, onions, peppers and smoked sausage in slow cooker. Mix broth, heavy cream, and cornstarch together and pour over potato mixture. Add seasonings and stir until well combined. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours, or until potatoes are cooked through and fork tender.
- Stir in shredded cheese until melted. Serve immediately.
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post in partnership with The Idaho Potato Commission. I was paid for my time to develop this recipe but all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Miss in the Kitchen.