Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken Chili is a simple recipe that is incredibly flavorful and delicious. The perfect comfort food for cool nights or game day get togethers!
I hope y'all are enjoying some cool fall weather. We finally got a reprieve from the super hot weather here in Oklahoma, but I think it is going to warm up again for a week or so. Life shows no signs of slowing down so I'm sharing another easy slow cooker meal that you can make ahead so you are not worried about getting dinner on the table!
I've come to love white chili or chicken chili. However, I don't have time for complicated recipes these days. I added chicken breasts, white beans, salsa verde, chicken broth, garlic, cumin and salt to my slow cooker and let it cook on low all day. Man oh man did it ever smell good! At the end of the day I added a little heavy cream and a bunch of my favorite Kerrygold cheese.
Using the salsa verde gives this chili a little kick without making it overly spicy. You know I'm a big sissy when it comes to hot stuff. Even my little guy loved it. I loved that it was so easy to put together and ready to eat at the end of the work day and after the guys came back from hunting.
I topped the Cheesy Chicken Chili with a few green onions and some chopped parsley. We still haven't had cilantro in the stores here. Isn't the cilantro scare over? I have no idea. I have missed my herb garden this year. Oh well, next year we should be all done building and be able to have an epic garden!
- 2 pounds chicken breasts, cut into bite- sized chunks
- 2 15 oz cans white cannelini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 cups shredded Kerrygold Blarney Castle Cheese
- 1 cup shredded Kerrygold Aged Cheddar Cheese (plus more for garnish if desired)
- 2 green onions, chopped for garnish
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro or parsley for garnish
- Place chicken, chicken broth, salsa verde, garlic, cumin and salt in slow cooker. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- In a bowl, whisk together cream and corn starch. Whisk into chili until well combined. Stir in shredded cheese. Cover and cook for 20-30 minutes or until chili is thickened. Serve immediately and garnish with green onions and cilantro or parsley.
- Great served with your favorite tortilla chips.