This Strawberry Slab Pie is a spin on my favorite fresh strawberry pie that my grandma made every summer. A fantastic dessert for any summer get together, barbecue or potluck!
Don’t miss the video to see how simple this dessert comes together!
Strawberry Slab Pie
I have been intending to share this fresh strawberry pie recipe for ages. It is so good, so so good.
I’ve been seeing recipes for slab pies and thought that it is the best idea ever, especially for summer cookouts. I made a quick shortbread crust that didn’t require any rolling. I will be definitely using this shortbread crust for other pies.
How to Make Strawberry Slab Pie:
- Mix flour, sugar, salt and butter together until crumbly.
- Press into a sheet pan and prick all over with a fork. Bake.
- Add a jello, sugar, cornstarch, salt and Sprite to a saucepan and bring to a boil and whisk until thickened.
- Remove from heat and cool.Slice strawberries. Arrange over crust. Pour filling over strawberries Refrigerate 2 hours or until set.
Garnish with whipped topping.
Strawberries have always been my favorite. This pie makes me think of the times my grandma would take us to the big strawberry fields near her house. I am sure we would eat just as many strawberries as we put in the basket.
I remember one time my cousin Stacy was with us for strawberry picking and we spotted a snake in the field. We screamed and ran like heck.
I’m sure our screaming scared the snake and as it slithered away, Stacy was running right after the snake without realizing it.
I think the rest of us were calling after her but she just kept going. Eventually the snake took off in a different direction. We laughed and laughed afterwards.
We had such fun times picking peaches and strawberries. I’m sure we were way more trouble than we were worth though. Grandma’s really are the best.
I just got back from visiting my folks for my mom’s birthday. My grandma came and we had the best dinner. It was a great visit and I always go away knowing I have to do it more often.
My grandma brought us a batch of oatmeal raisin cookies and we enjoyed nibbling on them all the way home.
This recipe is super simple and I love the filling. It’s so much better than the gloopy glaze that you can buy in the little containers. Made easily in a sheet pan, it is easy to make ahead and take to a cookout!
If you attend any summer parties or get togethers, this is the dessert that you must make. It is light and fresh and just plain delicious.
Plus the summer berries are just so bright and pretty. I just know you are going to love it!
WATCH THE VIDEO ON HOW TO MAKE STRAWBERRY SLAB PIE:
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
I thought you might also love this Peach Slab Pie! I am not sure which is my favorite! If you try them let me know which one you like best!
More Strawberry Recipes to Check Out:
- Strawberry Cheesecake Breakfast Parfaits
- Strawberry Lavender Mousse
- Strawberry Shortcake Egg Rolls
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Pie
- 2¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup cold butter, cut into cubes
- 6 oz strawberry jello
- 1½ cups sugar
- ⅓ cup cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- 20 oz sprite (2½ cups)
- 32 oz strawberries, washed and tops removed
- Whipped topping or whipped cream for garnish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add all ingredients to a mixer bowl or food processor, mix until crumbly. Press into a half sheet pan (about 18 x 12). Prick all over with a fork.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add a jello, sugar, cornstarch, salt and Sprite to a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a boil and whisk until stir thickened. Remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Slice strawberries. Arrange over crust. Pour filling over strawberries Refrigerate 2 hours or until set.
- Garnish with whipped topping.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.