Delicious Strawberry Lavender Mousse for your #CookfortheCure Party! Raise donations for KitchenAid and the Susan G. Komen’s Cook for the Cure by making this wonderful dessert and support a worthy cause.
I know y’all love to cook and eat as much as I do, so how about a way to use those cooking skills to help support a worthy cause? KitchenAid and Susan G. Komen are partnering up for 1,000 Cooks for the Cure.
From July 18th – 27th 2014 you can host a party, a potluck, cookout or weekend brunch. Host an event and encourage your guests to donate to Susan G. Komen® . Help reach the goal of 1,000 parties in homes and offices across North America! Scroll down to enter to win this beautiful KitchenAid Mixer!
To get your party started I have the prettiest pink Strawberry Lavender Mousse. It was super easy to put together using my KitchenAid Mixer.
I love simple recipes for entertaining and it doesn’t get any easier than this Strawberry Lavender Mousse. If you are looking for more inspiration check out the Cook for the Cure Pinterest Board, it is filled with delicious pink recipes, decorating ideas and party tips. The Kitchenthusiast blog also has incredible recipes, so be sure to check it out as well!
So head on over to Cook for the Cure and register your get together now! And then come back to enter to win this fabulous Raspberry Ice KitchenAid Mixer!
THIS GIVEAWAY HAS ENDED
The Winner is Kimberly W. ! Thanks to everyone who entered!
Leave a comment on this post on how breast cancer has effected you.
Bonus Entry: If you sign up for a party, come back here and leave an additional comment with your ID number. (You are not required to sign up for a party to enter.)
Giveaway is open to US residents, 18 years or older. Entries accepted through June 27, 2014.
- 1 cup sliced strawberries (plus whole berries for garnish)
- ¼ cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dried lavender
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream (plus more for garnish)
- 1 cup marshmallow creme
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 shortbread cookies, crumbled into crumbs
- Add sliced strawberries, sugar, lemon juice and lavender to a small saucepan and place over medium-high heat. Cook until mixture comes to a boil. Cook 2 minutes and remove from heat and pour into a small bowl. Set aside to cool.
- Beat whipping cream with electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Pour into a bowl, cover and place in refrigerator.
- Add softened cream cheese, strawberry mixture and marshmallow creme to mixer bowl, beat at low speed until combined. Raise to medium and beat until smooth.
- Fold in whipped cream, cover and refrigerate 2 hours or until well chilled.
- Add about 1 tablespoon of crumbled shortbread into bottom of a small bowl or glass. Top with about strawberry lavender mousse. Garnish with whipped cream and strawberries.
- Serve immediately.
Disclosure: This giveaway is sponsored by KitchenAid, I brand I use in my own kitchen and as always, all opinions are my own.