Strawberry Short Cake Egg Rolls is a fun twist on everyone’s favorite summer dessert! This is a sponsored post on behalf of Driscoll’s Strawberries.
We always enjoyed the little sponge cakes that come from the bakery along with mounds of delicious strawberries and topped it off with loads of whipped cream. Strawberries have always been my favorite.
National Strawberry Shortcake Day is June 14th and I had a little fun in the kitchen by putting a twist to my favorite Strawberry Shortcake by making it into the deep fried delicacy of Strawberry Shortcake Egg Rolls.
A super simple dessert that would be perfect for Sunday afternoons with the family or your next backyard barbecue. It is really something special. My whole family loved the crunchy egg roll wrappers filled with delicate sponge cake and delicious juicy Driscoll’s Strawberries.
I would love to hear about your favorite version of Strawberry Shortcake and be sure to Enter Driscoll’s Berries The Joy of Strawberry Shortcake Sweepstakes for your chance to win a KitchenAid Mixer & Berries for a Year!
For another chance to win $100 in Driscoll’s Berries, be sure to scroll down below the recipe here.
- 1 clam shell package (1 pound) Driscoll's Strawberries, 2 cups diced and the remainder of the berries whole for garnish
- 8 egg roll wrappers
- 2 single serving sponge cakes, cut into ½ -inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- whipped cream for garnish
- 3 cups vegetable oil for frying
- Place about 6 to 8 cubes of sponge cake and 2 tablespoons strawberries into the center of each egg roll wrapper. Wet edges of egg roll wrappers and roll up according to package directions. Keep wrapped egg rolls covered with a damp paper towel until ready to fry.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees F. Cook egg rolls 1 to 2 at a time for about 45 seconds to 1 minute each, rolling to brown on all sides.
- Remove to a paper towel lined plate to drain. Sprinkle with powdered sugar. Cut on the diagonal and serve with whipped cream and whole berries.
I will be giving away $100 in Driscoll’s Strawberries for your summer! Enter by letting me know how you will enjoy Driscoll’s Strawberries this summer.
- Follow Driscoll’s on Facebook.
- Follow Miss in the Kitchen on Facebook.
- Follow Miss in the Kitchen on Instagram.
- Follow Miss in the Kitchen on Pinterest.
Leave a comment for each. Entries accepted through July 1st, 2014. Open to US residents 18 years and older.
Disclosure: Paid Endorsement from Driscoll’s – Visit www.driscolls.com for more berry recipes and to enter their summer sweepstakes.