Lemon Bars with Cream Cheese Icing will be the most requested dessert for all of your summer cookouts and parties!
Lemon bars have been a long- time family favorite. I decided to skip the traditional sprinkling of powdered sugar topping for my favorite cream cheese icing. They were a big hit with the family and there was not even a crumb left the very next day.
I don’t know about you, but I literally can not eat a powdered sugar topped lemon bar without breathing in the powdered sugar and nearly choking. A coughing fit ensues and it kind of ruins my whole lemon bar experience. Sound familiar? No? Okay maybe it’s just crazy old me.
Anyway I love the cream cheese and lemon combo and these dessert bars are going to steal the show at your next cookout or family get together. They look so pretty served up on my favorite Fiesta Serving Tray. So make sure to go ahead and print this one out, it’s a keeper!
I based the recipe on my Mother-in-law’s lemon bar recipe. I was lucky to get a shipment of gorgeous lemons to try out from Limoneira.
Of course I love all things chocolate but I absolutely love lemon desserts and will never pass one by.
I’ve been trying to get more organized. Sometimes (or all of the time) it is hard to be your own boss. Time management is a huge issue for me. My to-do list seems to quadruple every day.
Lately I’ve been realizing there are things that I’m forgetting to do. Especially paperwork and accounting. I’m still not done with last year’s taxes. Thank goodness for extensions, right?
I’ve decided to do my social media work mostly on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Leaving the other days for recipe development, taking care of ranch stuff or Kaycee Cutters, shopping and everything else.
I have to say it’s helping that I’m not trying to do everything every day. Notice I didn’t mention house cleaning on that list. Ugh, I’m always behind on the housework.
Currently I’m up to my eyeballs in mud. Oh well, at least I always have dessert! How do you stay organized and on top of things? I need your ideas!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix crust ingredients in a bowl with a fork until butter is crumbled into pea-size pieces. Press into a 9 x 13 pan. Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Mix sugar and flour together in a medium- sized bowl. Add eggs and lemon juice and whisk together until well combined. Pour over baked crust and bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Add cream cheese and butter to the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add powdered sugar and beat on low until just combined. Raise to medium-high speed and beat another 2 minutes, scraping down the sides. Add lemon juice and mix until well incorporated. Spread over cooled bars.
- Cut into squares to serve.
- Leftover bars may be refrigerated but will need to come to room temperature for slicing.
More Lemon Desserts to Love:
No Bake Layered Lemon Pie from My Baking Addiction
Olive Garden Lemon Cream Cake from Confessions of a Cookbook Queen
Lemon Raspberry Coffee Cake from Tidy Mom
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.