As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Lemon-Pineapple Poke Cake is the perfect dessert for potlucks! and family gatherings. A moist lemon cake with sweet pineapple and lots of whipped topping, you won’t be able to resist a slice or two!
Lemon-Pineapple Poke Cake
I wish I could say that I was a patient person but I am not. I am especially impatient in the kitchen. My husband teases me about not letting anyone in “my kitchen”. I don’t really mean to be this way, but I know it’s true.
A few days ago Emmet wanted to make mini pizzas. I helped him flatten out canned biscuit dough and he added the sauce, some pepperoni and the cheese.
When we put it in the oven I decided to bake a cake. This idea for a Lemon Pineapple Poke Cake had been rolling around in my head for a while.
Emmet asked if he could help with the cake and I reluctantly said yes. I added the cake mix and the other ingredients to the mixer bowl.
Emmet was excited and tried to turn on the mixer, but instead he just locked the head. I then realized that the mixer was not plugged in and as I reached to plug it in, Emmet turned the mixer on high.
Wham-mo! Cake batter went everywhere. All over me, in my flip flops, all over everything on the counter, the wall, the cabinets, the floor. Holy mess.
I told Emmet to go change clothes and cleaned up the mess. I was so aggravated. I should not be so impatient but I am. Emmet was so sorry for ruining the cake.
I told him the cake didn’t matter but the mess, oh the mess. This is the kind of thing that is funny after the mess is gone.
I was still determined to bake this cake. I continued to bake, this time by myself. The cake turned out fabulous and now we have a good story to tell!
There’s something about a chilled cake, it just tastes so good. I totally loved the combination of lemon and pineapple.
This Lemon Pineapple Poke Cake is super simple and the perfect make ahead dessert for entertaining. It’s not overly rich but totally satisfying.
The whole family loved this one, it is a keeper! Try it out for your next picnic, party or barbecue!
More Cake Recipes to Try:
My family can’t get enough of this Coconut Cream Cake and my mom’s Fresh Apple Cake is always a hit. Texas Sheet Cake is a favorite for feeding a crowd. Moist Banana Cake from My Baking Addiction is super flavorful and so delicious! I’m also totally in love with this Banana Pudding Poke Cake from Tidy Mom, great for summer!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 1 box lemon supreme cake mix
- 3 extra large eggs
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 cup milk
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple (do not drain)
- 16 oz whipped topping
- lemon slices and fresh mint for garnish - optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add cake mix, eggs, melted butter and milk to a large mixer bowl and beat at low speed until combined. Raise speed to medium and beat 2 minutes or until smooth.
- Pour into a greased 9 X 13 inch cake pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven and poke holes about 1 inch apart all over cake.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk and pineapple, Pour over warm cake.
- Cover and refrigerate cake for 2 hour our until chilled. Top with whipped topping.
- Cut into slices and garnish with lemon and mint if desired.
Store cake covered and refrigerated.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 532Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 77mgSodium: 453mgCarbohydrates: 79gFiber: 1gSugar: 59gProtein: 8g