Fresh Apple Cake is one of my family's very favorite desserts. It comes together really easy, you don't even need a mixer! Sweet apples and warm cinnamon will fill your house with the best of autumn baking!
Fresh Apple Cake ~ Easy Dessert Recipe
Looking for a wonderful fall dessert? There's nothing better than fresh apple cake. My mom gave me this recipe and I think it has been in her family for many, many years. If you are looking for a shortcut apple dessert, apple dump cake is always a favorite.
Just take me to the Fresh Apple Cake Recipe!
The printable recipe card is found at the very bottom of the post, just keep scrolling and you'll find it. Otherwise, read on for tips on making this easy apple cake!
- apples (Gala, Honey Crisp or Granny Smith will all work)
- vegetable oil
- pecans or walnuts
- large eggs
- vanilla extract
- all-purpose flour
- ground cinnamon
- kosher salt
- baking soda
- non-stick cooking spray
How to Make Fresh Apple Cake:
- Peel Apples.
- Core and dice apples.
- Mix chopped apples, pecans, sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add all purpose flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- Mix well using a wooden spoon.
- Pour into a greased 9" x 13" baking dish.
- Bake for one hour.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve warm or at room temperature.
Warm cake can be topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream and caramel sauce or served plain at room temperature.
How To Store:
Cover and store at room temperature up to one day or refrigerate for 2-3 days.
CAN YOU FREEZE APPLE CAKE?
My mom says that this cake freezes well, but I have never made it to the freezer with one. To freeze, cool cake completely. Wrap in two layers of plastic wrap and then a layer of foil or place in a zip top freezer bag.
Apple Cake will stay fresh for 12 months and can be thawed and served at room temperature.
Best Apples for Apple Cake:
I have used gala apples and honey crisp apples for this cake. Granny smith apples will also work but will be a bit more tart.
Do You Have to Peel the Apples?
It does take a little time but I recommend peeling the apples for the best texture. I use a vegetable peeler and it is really easy to do.
If you enjoy apple picking, this apple cake is the best dessert to make with fresh apples and can just be stirred together with minimal effort and a few ingredients. The taste is beyond delicious and it's a great option for a bake sale or to share with your neighbors.
More Apple Desserts to Try:
If you have an abundance of apples, this easy Apple Crumb Pie is always a hit. You'll have to check out my secret ingredient for the most flavorful apple pie ever!
See all of my favorite Easy Apple Recipes that includes the best apple desserts, breakfasts and drinks for any fall occasion.
If you love spice cakes, this Butter Pecan Spice Cake is always a hit. It's from my husband's grandma and it's something special!
Everyone loves this apple cake and it is wonderful ending to Thanksgiving or Christmas dinners. This cake is loaded with chunks of sweet apples and rich cinnamon flavor which all together creates a wonderfully moist cake. If you only make one apple dessert this fall, this has to be the one!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 3 cups diced apples
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, optional garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Peel, core and dice apples.
- Add apples to a large bowl with sugar, vegetable oil, pecans, eggs and vanilla.
- Mix with a wooden spoon until well combined.
- In a separate large bowl, add flour, cinnamon, baking soda and salt. Whisk together.
- Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Spray a 13" x 9" or 10" springform cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour in cake batter and bake for fifty minutes to one hour. A toothpick inserted should come out clean when it's done.
- Garnish with powdered sugar if desired. Great warm or at room temperature.
Cover and refrigerate leftovers for 2-3 days. Cake can be wrapped in a double layer of plastic wrap and foil or placed in a freezer bag and frozen for up to 1 year.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 456Total Fat: 25gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 22gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 294mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 2gSugar: 37gProtein: 4g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.