As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Fresh Apple Cake is one of my family’s very favorite desserts. It comes together really easy, you don’t even need a mixer! Sweet apples and warm cinnamon will fill your house with the best of autumn baking!
Fresh Apple Cake
Looking for a wonderful fall dessert? There’s nothing better than fresh apple cake. My mom gave me this recipe and I think it has been in her family for many, many years.
Just take me to the Fresh Apple Cake Recipe!
The printable recipe card is found at the very bottom of the post, just keep scrolling and you’ll find it. Otherwise, read on for tips on making this easy apple cake!
How to Make Fresh Apple Cake:
- Mix chopped apples, pecans, sugar, oil, eggs and vanilla together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add all purpose flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda, mix until combined.
- Pour into a greased 9″ x 13″ baking pan and bake for one hour.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Cover and refrigerate leftovers for 2-3 days.
Everyone loves this cake and it is wonderful for the holidays. This cake is full of apples and rich cinnamon flavor which all together creates a wonderfully moist cake. You won’t be disappointed!
More Apple Desserts to Try:
If you have an abundance of apples, this easy Apple Crumb Pie is always a hit. You’ll have to check out my secret ingredient for the most flavorful apple pie ever! I’m adding this Slow Cooker Apple Butter to my list this fall!
Can you Freeze Fresh Apple Cake?
My mom says that this cake freezes well, but I have never made it to the freezer with one. To freeze, cool cake completely. Wrap in two layers of plastic wrap and then a layer of foil or place in a zip top freezer bag.
Apple Cake will stay fresh for 12 months and can be thawed and served at room temperature.
This is one of the first recipes that I shared here and I hadn’t made it in a while. I had an abundance of apples last week and decided this was the perfect way to enjoy them.
I had forgotten how easy this cake is to make, you don’t even need a mixer. It is easy enough for a weeknight dessert but totally delicious enough for the holidays or any family get together.
If you love spice cakes, this Butter Pecan Spice Cake is always a hit. It’s from my husband’s grandma and it’s something special!
This Fresh Apple Cake was gone in less than a day, so I had to make it again. We really love it! I went ahead and snapped a few new photos and thought I’d give this post a little update. If you only make one apple dessert this fall, this has to be the one!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 3 cups diced apples
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup pecans
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix wet ingredients into a large bowl.
- In a separate large bowl, sift together dry ingredients. Add dry ingredients into wet ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Spray a 13" x 9" or 10" round cake pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Pour in cake batter and bake for fifty minutes to one hour. A toothpick inserted should come out clean when it's done.
- Garnish with powdered sugar if desired. Great warm or at room temperature.
Cover and refrigerate leftovers for 2-3 days. Cake can be wrapped in a double layer of plastic wrap and foil or placed in a freezer bag and frozen for up to 1 year.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 456 Total Fat: 25g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 22g Cholesterol: 31mg Sodium: 294mg Carbohydrates: 55g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 37g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 4g