This Apple Crumb Pie is a classic dessert to serve for special occasions and everyday dinners with your family! I’m sharing a couple of secret ingredients for the best and most flavorful apple pie ever!
Apple Crumb Pie
Apple pie is classic and I can’t think of anyone who doesn’t love apple pie! It’s always a favorite for every family get together and holiday dinner.
Just take me to the Apple Crumb Pie Recipe!
If you are just looking for the recipe, scroll on down to the very bottom and you will find the printable recipe card. Otherwise, read on for some easy tips and tricks for making the very best apple pie!
How to Make Apple Crumb Pie:
- Prepare crust in a food processor with all purpose flour, butter, salt, sugar and ice water. Divide dough in half, form each half into a disc shape. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate one hour.
- You will use one disc for this pie, reserve the other for another use. Wrap dough with two layers of plastic wrap and one layer of foil and freeze up to one month.
- Roll pie dough into a circle, the size of your pie plate. Place in pie plate.
- Peel and cut apples into chunks. Mix with brown sugar, apple pie spice, cornstarch, salt and boiled cider.
- Fill pie dough with apple mixture.
- Prepare the crumb topping by adding brown sugar, pecans, graham cracker crumbs and butter into a bowl. Mix until well combined and crumbly.
- Sprinkle over apple mixture.
- Bake at 400° for 50 minutes to 1 hour. Check pie at about 30 minutes and cover loosely with foil if topping is getting dark brown.
- Allow pie to cool slightly before serving. Top with ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.
Pie isn’t always easy and my pies are not always perfect. However, my family loves it and so why in the world should it have to be perfect? It doesn’t!
Secret Ingredient for the Best Apple Pie:
In my box of goodies was a coupon for King Arthur Flour, Apple Pie Spice and my new favorite secret ingredient: Boiled Apple Cider.
It added an out of this world flavor to this pie! It’s like a syrup and will now be a key ingredient in my baked goods.
I may have to make a batch of Easy Belgian Waffles to enjoy it on also. So good! I could spend all of my dollars at King Arthur Flour. It is the ONLY flour I use.
More Pie Recipes to Try:
This Pumpkin Pecan Pie is a favorite for fall. My grandma’s Strawberry Slab Pie is a great dessert for large gatherings and it’s super easy! Coconut Cream Pie is another favorite and this recipe comes from my Great Aunt Bea’s recipe box!
More Apple Recipes to Try:
Easy Apple Cobbler is a classic dessert that we just can’t get enough of! It tastes just like the one everyone’s grandma made!
Apple Upside Down Cake is a great made from scratch dessert with caramelized walnuts!
Caramel Apple Mini Cheesecakes are a favorite for the fall holidays. Simple enough for any get together with friends and family.
Fried Apple Hand Pies are incredibly delicious. A tender pastry filled with a simple apple pie filling. Deep fried of course and dipped in a sweet glaze. This dessert is unforgettable!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
for the crust (from Martha Stewart)
for the filling
for the crumble topping
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 865 Total Fat: 41g Saturated Fat: 20g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 19g Cholesterol: 76mg Sodium: 684mg Carbohydrates: 119g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 67g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 8g
Disclosure: I was provided with product for this recipe by Kerrygold and King Arthur Flour as part of the Kerrygold Blogger Program. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Miss in the Kitchen.