This Apple Pie with Pecan Crumble is a classic dessert to serve for special occasions and everyday dinners with your family! I’m sharing a couple of key ingredients for the best and most flavorful apple pie ever!
Apple pie is classic and I can’t think of anyone who doesn’t love apple pie! Kerrygold issued a pie challenge and sent along some fabulous ingredients along with this beautiful pie dish to get me started.
I LOVE pie, seriously love it. It is the most requested dessert from my family and probably the least fulfilled request.
Pie isn’t always easy and my pies are not always perfect. However, my family loves it and so why in the world should it have to be perfect? It doesn’t!
Many moons ago, I saw Martha Stewart make pie crust in a food processor on the Regis and Kathie Lee morning show. I never went back, I have been making that same pie crust for 20 years and it is reliably delicious. I used Kerrygold Butter to make this crust and I do believe it was the best ever. So flaky and I really think the dough was easier to work.
In my box of goodies was a coupon for King Arthur Flour, Apple Pie Spice and my new favorite secret ingredient: Boiled Apple Cider. It added an out of this world flavor to this pie! It’s like a syrup and will now be a key ingredient in my baked goods. I may have to make a batch of waffles to enjoy it on also. So good! I could spend all of my dollars at King Arthur Flour. It is the ONLY flour I use.
- 2½ cups King Arthur all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup chilled Kerrygold butter, cut into cubes
- ½ cup ice water
- 6 large granny smith apples
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons apple pie spice
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup boiled cider
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup pecans
- 6 crushed graham crackers
- ¼ cup melted Kerrygold butter
- Add flour, salt, sugar and butter to a food processor and place on high for about 1 minute. Stop and remove cover and scrape sides down. Pulse about 5-6 times or until mixture is crumbly. Place food processor on low and add ice water until dough forms a ball.
- Remove from processor and divide in half. Form each half into a disc, cover in plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for 30 minutes or until ready to use. (You will only use one disc of this recipe or make a double crust pie, that works too.)
- Peel, core and cut apples into about 1 inch chunks. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, apple pie spice, cornstarch, salt and boiled cider. Toss with apple chunks until well combined. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out pie dough to fit your pie dish. Place in pie dish and top with apple mixture.
- In a small bowl combine all ingredients for topping and sprinkle over apples.
- Bake pie for 55-60 minutes, checking at about 30 minutes. If topping is getting too brown, cover with foil for remainder of baking time.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped topping.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
SIGN UP TO HAVE AN EMAIL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX FOR EACH NEW RECIPE!
Disclosure: I was provided with product for this recipe by Kerrygold and King Arthur Flour as part of the Kerrygold Blogger Program. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Miss in the Kitchen.