Incredibly delicious Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops with Sour Cream Gravy Recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner recipe. Fall is the perfect time to let your slow cooker do all of the work to create delicious meals!
Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops with Sour Cream Gravy
I just know y’all are going to love this recipe, in fact, I think the whole family will enjoy it. Pork chops are a special treat at our house so I wanted to make something delicious.
This Recipe is in partnership with Holland House.
How to Make Slow Cooker Smothered Pork Chops with Sour Cream Gravy
I started out by dredging the pork chops in seasoned flour and browning them in butter. I also sautéed an onion and layered it on top of the browned pork chops and placed them in the slow cooker.
Mix Holland House White Cooking Wine with chicken broth and a bit of cornstarch. I carefully poured it over the pork chops. I covered it and in about 3 hours, I had the most tender and delicious pork chops!
Carefully removed them to a serving plate and covered them with foil to keep warm. I added a little sour cream and heavy cream to the crockpot and whisked it together.
It heated up pretty quickly in my slow cooker, but you could do this on the stove top too.
I served the smothered pork chops over rice with the sour cream sauce and it was instantly a new family favorite! I would actually call this recipe epic. I loooved it!
The Holland House Cooking Wine is so handy to have in my pantry. Especially since we are living a little further out of town, it’s not too handy to make a special trip to pick up a bottle of wine for cooking.
It’s also very affordable. It adds that wonderful depth of flavor and richness to my favorite recipes.
Since it is shelf stable, it keeps well until I’m ready to use the remainder of the bottle. Super convenient.
More Pork Chop Recipes to Try:
Balsamic Pork Chops are so flavorful and delicious and easy to grill or bake. Easy Citrus Grilled Pork Chops are another great one for the grill. You’ll also love this easy Pork Schnitzel made with thin pork cutlets.
This past week was a complete whirlwind of craziness. I even made a trip to the big city. I had a ton of fun shopping and got a good checkup at the dermatologist. It was fun but boy do I pay for those days away from my computer.
Weeks like this make me happy to have dinner taken care of in the slow cooker. Some key things that make a delicious slow cooker meal is to take the time to brown the meat, especially if it is beef or pork.
Also, sauté the onions or other veggies and use flavorful liquids like Holland House Cooking Wine. Try it and you will love the difference it makes!
More Slow Cooker Recipes to Try:
- Teriyaki Steak Tips with Peppers and Mushrooms
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Ham and Potato Casserole
- Slow Cooker Beef and Bean Burritos
- Slow Cooker Cheesy Smoked Sausage and Idaho Potato Soup
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- 5- 6 pork chops (2 1/2- 3 pounds)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large onion, sliced thin
- 1 cup Holland House Cooking Wine
- 1 cup chicken broth.
- 1/4 cup corn starch
For Sour Cream Gravy
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- fresh parsley for garnish *optional
- Pat pork chops dry with paper towels. Place 2 tablespoons of butter in a skillet place over medium heat. Mix flour, salt, garlic and pepper in a shallow dish. Dredge pork chops in seasoned flour and place in skillet. Cook on both sides just until browned. Place browned pork chops in slow cooker.
- Add remaining tablespoon of butter to skillet and add sliced onions. Cook over medium heat until softened and lightly browned. Spoon over pork chops.
- In a mixing bowl, combine Holland House White Cooking Wine, chicken broth and cornstarch. Gently pour over pork chops. Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours.
- Carefully remove pork chops to a serving plate and cover with foil to keep warm.
- Add sour cream and heavy cream to slow cooker and whisk together until heated through.
- Serve pork chops over cooked rice and drizzled with sour cream gravy and garnish with fresh parsley.
Disclosure: I have a ongoing relationship with Holland House. I was compensated for this recipe and post. As always all thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that support Miss in the Kitchen.