As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Slow Cooker Beef and Bean Burritos are perfect for feeding a crowd. Delicious Mexican flavors with tender beef and slow cooked black beans make for the most flavorful and delicious burritos ever!
Slow Cooker Beef and Bean Burritos
Mexican food is my favorite. I’ve shared my favorite Tex- Mex Cheesy Rice Casserole, Zesty Taco Pasta, Epic Creamy Chicken Enchiladas, Colorado Chicken Enchiladas, Brisket Nachos with you. I just realized last week that there are no tacos recipes here. Wait, what? No tacos? How can that be?
Well I’m adding that to the list because tacos are my favorite thing ever. It could be the fact that when I make tacos they are gone in an instant.
Many moons ago when I was cooking lunch every day on the ranch, I would sometimes make pulled pork burritos with pinto beans. I took that same idea and made these Beef and Bean Burritos. It will feed a crowd and it’s so easy in the slow cooker.
I’ve made slow cooker black beans and I’ve made many slow cooker pot roasts, but I had never cooked them together. It turned out great. The beans cooked perfectly and the roast was falling apart tender making the most amazing and flavorful burritos.
Add in your favorite cheese, salsa, sour cream and any other burrito must haves and you have a family favorite dinner!
I use my slow cooker all year long. I especially love it during the summer when it’s too hot to cook. These burritos will definitely be making the regular dinner rotation. Plus it makes plenty to enjoy for lunches for a day or two.
I’ve also used this filling for amazing quesadillas and it would make some pretty awesome tacos. Someone pass me the guacamole. If you love Mexican food as much as I do, you are going to love these Smothered Burritos!
If you are loving my bright and beautiful serving bowls, visit Homer Laughlin. They were kind enough to send me a few products to include in my photos and I love them!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- 1 4 lb beef roast
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings (or olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups broth (chicken or beef)
- 2 cups vegetable juice (like v8 or tomato juice)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons granulated garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 pound (about a heaping cup) dried black beans, rinsed and sorted
- Flour tortillas, cheese, salsa, sour cream, cilantro and other desired toppings for serving
- Pat roast dry with paper towels. Add bacon drippings or oil to a large skillet. Season roast on both sides with kosher salt and pepper. Place in skillet and cook over medium heat until browned on both sides.
- Meanwhile, add broth, seasonings and dried black beans to a slow cooker and stir to combine. Place browned roast over beans and cook on low heat for 8 hours.
- Remove roast from slow cooker and shred. Add black beans to shredded meat and liquid from the slow cooker to season and to desired consistency.
- Serve with flour tortillas, shredded cheese, salsa and sour cream.