Get your slow cooker out and let it make dinner for you with this Crock Pot Roast with Caramelized Onions. You will enjoy this hearty roast beef with rich gravy.
How often do you use your slow cooker? I have been relying on mine at least once a week. I thought you might enjoy a few of these easy recipes, like this Crock Pot Roast with Caramelized Onions to get dinner on the table with very little effort.
How To Make Pot Roast with Caramelized Onions
- I do recommend brown the pot roast before you stick it in the crock pot. It does take about 15 minutes but the results are totally worth while.
- Cook onions and garlic until caramelized and and place over the browned pot roast.
- Add in the liquid mixture and let your slow cooker work it’s magic!
- You will get a rich and delicious gravy that will be wonderful over mashed potatoes!
When it comes to comfort food, pot roast is hard to beat and if you have leftovers it makes amazing sandwiches.
My Beer Braised Pot Roast is also a Sunday favorite and is totally adaptable for the slow cooker as well.
I absolutely loved the savory gravy that this roast made. I used a mix of vegetable juice and coffee for the cooking liquid and I know that sounds a little crazy but it totally worked.
You get all of that great vegetable flavor minus the mushy vegetables. It’s not my mother-in-law’s gravy (which is the over the top amazing) but it was great. To get that great gravy you HAVE to brown the roast, don’t skip it!
More slow cooker recipes to love:
- Coca-Cola Braised Pork Loin
- Savory Citrus Chicken
- Slow Cooker Black Beans
- Slow Cooker Hoisin Chicken from Cookin’ Canuck
- Rosemary Mushroom Pot Roast from Neighborhood Food
!For the Gravy:
for the gravy
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 770 Total Fat: 48g Saturated Fat: 18g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 25g Cholesterol: 272mg Sodium: 1144mg Carbohydrates: 10g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 4g Protein: 69g
!For the Gravy: