The Best Brown Butter Mashed Potatoes perfect for every day meals or special holiday meals. The best mashed potatoes ever!
I promised a recipe for the best mashed potatoes ever and here it is. Mashed potatoes are a must for comfort food dinners, and the holiday feasts would not be the same with out mashed potatoes.
There would be a revolt if there were no taters for the gravy. Well these taters were the best. The secret is the brown butter. Brown butter adds a great nutty flavor that is the perfect compliment to the potatoes.
I want my mashed potatoes to compliment the gravy. At Thanksgiving dinner, the gravy is where it’s at and these Brown Butter Mashed Potatoes are perfect.
I may never go back to ordinary mashed potatoes again. With the holidays fast approaching I have a gorgeous Le Creuset Serving Set to make your holiday table gorgeous!
I view every Le Creuset piece as an heirloom piece and they are my absolute favorites.
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, washed and peeled
- 1/2 cup brown butter
- 1/4 heavy cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Cut potatoes into 1 inch chunks and place in a large pan. Cover with cold water and add 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Bring to a boil and cook until fork tender.
- Return to pan with brown butter, cream, remaining 1 teaspoon of salt and pepper.
- Mash with a potato masher until smooth. Return to low heat, stirring occasionally until ready to serve.
To brown the butter: add butter to a small skillet and place over low heat. Stir occasionally, cooking until brown bits form. Do not allow the butter to burn. Remove from heat and set aside.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 540Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 1024mgCarbohydrates: 73gFiber: 8gSugar: 4gProtein: 9g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.
Disclosure: I was provided with product for review and Le Creuset is sponsoring the giveaway. All text and opinions are my own.