Italian Gnocchi Soup is a quick and incredibly flavorful dinner that is perfect for busy weeknights. With just 5 ingredients and on the dinner table in under 30 minutes, it will be a family favorite!
Soup season is officially here and boy do I have a delectable soup for you today! This is going to knock your socks off!
I absolutely loved the flavor combination in this Italian Gnocchi Soup and it was ready in less than 30 minutes. You can’t beat that!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Southern Living cookbooks are a constant source of inspiration for my cooking and the new Super Fast Southern is no exception. It is packed with really quick snacks, salads, soups, dinners, skillet meals and even desserts. So if you need dinner in a hurry, this is the cookbook for you.
Italian Gnocchi Soup
This Italian Gnocchi Soup is bursting with flavor and is so simple to put together. It is my new go-to busy weeknight dinner.
Italian sausage and packaged gnocchi are simmered together with tomatoes and baby spinach for a comforting and delicious bowl of soup.
How to Make Italian Gnocchi Soup:
- Cook ground sausage in a Dutch oven until browned. Stir in chicken broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Add gnocchi and return to a boil; reduce to simmer for about 4 minutes.
- Stir in baby spinach and add pepper.
- Serve with grated cheese if desired.
What is Gnocchi?
Gnocchi is an Italian dumpling made from potatoes and flour. It is a hearty addition to soup or can be served with your favorite sauce or simply brown butter and herbs.
Where to Buy Gnocchi?
You can find fresh, frozen or dried gnocchi in most grocery stores. I generally buy the dried and it’s located near the pasta. Obviously fresh and frozen will be in their relative departments.
I hope you will add these ingredients to your shopping list and make this soon. I know you are going to love it! You don’t have to be an expert in the kitchen, this dish is simple and so incredibly delicious!
There are so many easy dinners in this cookbook, all ready in less than 20 minutes. This is a great cookbook for everyone! Seriously, you can’t hardly get drive thru and get it home in 20 minutes and these recipes will change up the old dinner routine and make dinner exciting again.
More Soup Recipes to Try for Dinner:
Easy Tortellini Soup is packed with flavor! Italian Sausage, sweet red peppers and spinach come together in less than 30 minutes. Italian Sausage Pasta Soup is a quick meal that is nourishing and delicious, Easy Chicken Noodle Soup is a classic. Cheeseburger Gnocchi Soup is one of my all- time favorites.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 1 pound ground Italian Sausage
- 1 32 oz carton chicken broth
- 1 14.5 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 16 oz package gnocchi (not refrigerated or frozen)
- 1 6 oz package fresh baby spinach leaves
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- In a 4 quart Dutch oven, add ground sausage and cook over medium-high heat until browned. Add chicken broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Add gnocchi. Return to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer 2-4 minutes until gnocchi float to top.
- Add baby spinach, stirring until spinach is wilted. Stir in pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 713 Total Fat: 37g Saturated Fat: 14g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 25g Cholesterol: 114mg Sodium: 2164mg Carbohydrates: 59g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 7g Protein: 36g
Disclosure: I received a copy of SuperFast Southern for review. All opinions are my own.