Italian Gnocchi Soup is a quick and incredibly flavorful dinner that is perfect for busy weeknights. With just 5 ingredients and on the dinner table in under 30 minutes, it will be a family favorite!
Soup season is officially here and boy do I have a delectable soup for you today! This is going to knock your socks off!
Why You’ll Love this Gnocchi Soup
- Quick and Easy: This easy Gnocchi Soup is bursting with flavor and is so simple to put together. It is my new go-to busy weeknight dinner and the perfect comfort food on a cold night.
- Simple Ingredients: This five-ingredient soup is so easy to make. Use store-bought gnocchi and your favorite sausage for a comforting and delicious meal the whole family will love.
- Budget Friendly: Skip the take-out line for this homemade gnocchi soup for a great addition to any weeknight meal plan and save on your monthly grocery bill.
Ingredients for Gnocchi Soup
- Sweet Italian Sausage or hot Italian Sausage
- Chicken Broth
- Petite Diced Tomatoes
- Packaged Gnocchi – From the pasta isle, not refrigerated section or frozen
- Fresh Spinach
- Black Pepper
- Parmesan Cheese
How to Make Italian Gnocchi Soup
- Cook ground sausage in a Dutch oven until browned. Stir in chicken broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil.
- Add gnocchi and return to a boil; reduce to simmer for about 4 minutes.
- Stir in baby spinach and add pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Serving Suggestions for Gnocchi Soup
- Garnishes: Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese, red pepper flakes or fresh basil.
- Side Dishes: Easy Green Salad and Garlic Bread or crusty bread make great sides for any soup dinner.
How to Store and Reheat
- Store leftover soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days. Freeze in a freezer-safe container up to 3 months.
- Reheat gnocchi soup in a apn over medium heat, stirring often until heated through.
What is Gnocchi?
Gnocchi is an Italian dumpling made from potatoes and flour. These soft dumplings are a hearty addition to soup or can be served with your favorite pasta sauce or simply brown butter and fresh herbs.
Where to Buy Gnocchi?
You can find fresh, frozen or dried gnocchi in any grocery store. I generally buy the dried and it’s located near the pasta. Obviously fresh and frozen will be in their relative departments.
This recipe comes from Southern Living’s Super Fast Southern. I received a copy for review a few years ago and it has so many great recipes.
I hope you will add these ingredients to your shopping list and make this Italian Gnocchi Soup soon. I know you are going to love it. You don’t have to be an expert in the kitchen, this dish is simple and so incredibly delicious.
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- In a 4 quart Dutch oven, add ground sausage and cook over medium-high heat until browned.
- Add chicken broth and tomatoes and bring to a boil. Add gnocchi. Return to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer 2-4 minutes until gnocchi float to top.
- Add baby spinach, stirring until spinach is wilted. Stir in pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and top each serving with 1 tablespoon cheese.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 713Total Fat: 37gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 114mgSodium: 2164mgCarbohydrates: 59gFiber: 6gSugar: 7gProtein: 36g
Nutritional information is estimated and may not be accurate.