As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy Green Salad is one of the best side dishes to add to just about every meal. Delicious fresh vegetables topped with your favorite dressing. A feel good recipe for any night of the week.
During the summer months I could seriously live on salads, especially when our garden produce is plentiful. Give me a plate of fresh veggies, ranch dressing and some garlic bread and I’m a happy camper.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
Sometimes we do a tossed salad and sometimes it’s a build your own salad where everyone can add their favorite toppings. This Green Salad has all of my favorites and was inspired by the salads served at Old Chicago Pizza.
Making Green Salad:
- Tear leaf lettuce into bite sized pieces and place in a large salad bowl.
- Top with thin sliced cucumbers, tomatoes, thin sliced red onions, Parmesan cheese, toasted almonds and croutons.
- If you are making ahead, skip adding the croutons until serving. Cover and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
There is no right or wrong when it comes to making a fresh salad. Add in your favorites and skip the veggies you are not fond of.
Tip for Toasting Nuts:
I love adding toasted nuts to salads. My parents actually gave me this tip and I use it all the time. Place nuts on a baking sheet in a single layer. Preheat oven (or toaster oven) to 375°. Turn the oven off and place the baking sheet in the oven. Nuts will be toasted in about 10 minutes and will not burn.
Other Vegetables to Add to a Green Salad:
- Green onions
- Sweet Bell Peppers
- Broccoli Floretes
More Salad Toppings:
- Pecans, walnuts or pistachios
- Sunflower seeds
- Cheddar cheese
- Bacon crumbles
- Dried cranberries or raisins
- Hard boiled eggs
Best Homemade Salad Dressings:
- Roasted Garlic Salad Dressing (Delicious even if you skip roasting the garlic!)
- Homemade Buttermilk Ranch Dressing ~ She Wears Many Hats
- Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing ~ My Baking Addiction
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 6 cups leaf lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 cucumber, thin sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, sliced thin
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated or sliced thin
- 1/4 cup toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup croutons
- Salad dressing for serving
- Layer lettuce in a large salad bowl and top with cucumber slices, tomatoes, red onion, Parmesan and toasted onions.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve with salad dressing and croutons.
Salad can be made 24 hours in advance. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 166Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 287mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 4gSugar: 4gProtein: 6g