Greek Salad with Roasted Garlic Salad Dressing is a flavor packed salad that can be served as a side or main dish for any night of the week!
Our garden is prolific this year, I’m so proud of how well it’s producing. I have to give all of the credit to my husband though. He keeps the weeds down and keeps it watered well. I mainly do the picking. I think we grew enough lettuce to feed the entire county so we have been enjoying lots of salads!
This Greek Salad is my new favorite and just wait until you try the Roasted Garlic Salad Dressing!! It is out of this world delicious. Usually my idea of making homemade salad dressing is mixing up mayo with the dry ranch powder. I love that stuff but real homemade is seriously amazing. I may never go back to the mix.
My Mom makes the BEST homemade ranch dressing and although she gave me the recipe, I never make it because it just tastes better when she makes it. I wanted something special with this Greek salad and the roasted garlic dressing was just the ticket.
I have been buying peeled garlic cloves from the produce section, they are so handy in little individual packets. I took a few and put them in the toaster oven covered in olive oil to roast them. Roasted garlic is so good in just about any dish. If you haven’t tried it yet, do it!
This salad has been on my list to make since I made Greek Salad Skewers. I finally remembered to pick up some Feta cheese and Kalamata Olives and made it happen. This is no bland ordinary salad, it is totally main dish- worthy. You could also add some grilled chicken or steak if you like.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
SIGN UP TO HAVE AN EMAIL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX FOR EACH NEW RECIPE!
- For Greek Salad:
- 6 cups leaf lettuce, torn into bite size pieces
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ cup red onion, sliced thinly
- ⅓ cup Kalamata olives
- ½ cup Feta cheese, crumbled
- 8 cloves roasted garlic
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- ½ cup olive oil
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- Assemble salad placing lettuce in a serving bowl, top with cucumbers, tomato, onion, olives and cheese.
- For dressing:
- Add roasted garlic, red wine vinegar, lemon juice, dijon mustard, honey, and seasonings to a blender. Blend until smooth. With blender running, slowly stream in olive oil and blend for 1 minute. Add mayonnaise and blend until smooth. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
- Serve salad with roasted garlic salad dressing.