Creamy Italian Dressing is a quick and easy homemade salad dressing to top your favorite salads. If you are a fan of the Olive Garden salad dressing, you'll love this recipe.
Homemade salad dressing is so easy to make and tastes so much better than store bought. Top your favorite summer salads with this Creamy Italian Salad Dressing.
Ingredients for Creamy Italian Dressing
- Mayonnaise ~ Do not substitute Miracle Whip.
- Olive Oil ~ Extra Virgin.
- White Wine Vinegar ~ or Red Wine Vinegar
- Honey ~ Adds just enough sweetness to balance the vinegar.
- Parmesan Cheese ~ Lends an extra layer of flavor and creaminess.
- Dried Herbs: Basil, Thyme, Ground Rosemary
- Seasonings: Granulated Garlic, Kosher Salt, Fresh Ground Pepper, Ground Chili Flakes
How to Make Creamy Italian Salad Dressing
- In a bowl add mayonnaise, olive oil, white wine vinegar, honey, basil, thyme, rosemary, salt, pepper and ground chili flakes.
- Whisk together until smooth.
- Pour into a serving jar and serve immediately or cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Yield: 1 Cup
- Storage: Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 weeks. Stir before using.
- Uses: Serve over green salad or as a dressing for pasta salads. Makes a great dip for vegetables or a marinade for chicken.
We also love this homemade version of classic Italian Dressing for salads and for marinating chicken and pork chops.
Our Favorite Salad Recipes
Greek Salad with Roasted Garlic Salad Dressing is a fantastic addition to any dinner and is delicious enough to be the main course.
Simple Grilled Chicken Salad with homemade citrus dressing is summer staple at our house. A tasty green salad topped with grilled chicken breasts and can be made ahead.
Chicken Fajita Salad is made with grilled chicken, loads of bell peppers and onions served over crisp greens and my favorite salsa ranch dressing.
Grilled Steak Salad is made with parmesan crusted grilled sirloin steak, mixed greens, tomatoes and shaved parmesan. It's perfect topped with our Creamy Italian Salad Dressing!
Salad dressing is one of those things I never remember to buy at the grocery store and once you see how easy this Creamy Italian Dressing is to make, you'll never go back to store bought.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON FACEBOOK!
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ⅓ cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon ground rosemary
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- pinch of ground chile flakes or red pepper
- In a bowl, add mayonnaise, olive oil, white wine vinegar, honey, parmesan cheese, basil, thyme, ground rosemary, salt, pepper and ground chile flakes.
- Whisk together until smooth.
- Pour into a jar or small pitcher to serve immediately.
- Store dressing in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 weeks. Stir before using.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 185Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 241mgCarbohydrates: 4gFiber: 0gSugar: 3gProtein: 1g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.