As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Grilled Chicken Fajita Salad is a fantastic dinner to change up the weeknight meal routine. Chicken breasts are marinated and grilled along with sweet peppers and onions served over lettuce with cheese, tomatoes and salsa ranch dressing.
If you love fajitas from your favorite Mexican restaurant, this salad is going to be your new favorite. Its so quick and easy to prepare and a great meal prep option. Grill your chicken and veggies on the weekend along with prepping your salad fixings and you can have this dinner ready to go.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
How to Make Grilled Chicken Fajita Salad:
- Mix up your fajita spices by combining granulated garlic, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, salt and brown sugar.
- Make the marinade my mixing orange juice, olive oil and half of fajita spices.
- Pour marinade into a shallow dish or ziploc baggie and add chicken, coating both sides. Cover and refrigerate until ready to grill.
- Slice peppers and onions, toss with olive oil and remaining seasonings.
- Prepare grill to a 300° fire.
- Add chicken over indirect heat with vegetables on a grill pan. Cook with the lid closed for 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken and stir vegetables. Close the lid and continue to cook about 15 – 20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165° with a meat thermometer.
- Remove from grill. Allow chicken to rest 10 minutes before slicing.
- Mix the salsa ranch dressing – combine mayonnaise, milk, salsa, ranch dressing and ground cumin. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Tear lettuce into bite- sized pieces and place in a bowl.
- Slice tomatoes, chop cilantro and shred the cheese.
- Add lettuce to a bowl, top with sliced chicken, grilled vegetables, tomatoes, cilantro and cheese. Drizzle with salsa ranch dressing.
Chicken fajitas are flavorful and delicious, make them a little lighter served up on a salad. It’s easy to make these salads for any night of the week or to feed a crowd. My family also loves these Chicken Enchilada Lasagna Roll Ups!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 1 pound boneless chicken breasts
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1/2 large yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 large orange bell pepper
- 1 large onion
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided use
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated garlic
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 8 cups lettuce
- 1 cup sliced grape tomatoes
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
for the salsa ranch dressing
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons (or one packet) Hidden Valley Ranch Salad Dressing Mix
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Mix together fajita seasonings in a bowl - garlic, cumin, chili powder, smoked paprika, onion powder, brown sugar and salt.
- Mix half of fajita seasonings with orange juice and 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Pour marinade into a ziploc bag or shallow dish and add chicken, turning to coat both sides.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to grill.
- Thinly slice peppers and onions.
- Mix with 1/4 cup olive oil and remaining fajita seasonings.
- Prepare grill to 300°.
- Add chicken to the grill over indirect heat with vegetables on a grill pan. Close the lid and cook 10 minutes.
- Turn chicken and stir the vegetables. Close the grill and continue to cook until chicken reaches 165° internally, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from grill and allow chicken to rest 5 minutes before slicing.
- Mix dressing by whisking mayonnaise, milk, salsa, cumin and ranch dressing mix together.
- Tear lettuce into bite size pieces, slice tomatoes, chop cilantro and shred cheese.
- Build salads by layering lettuce, chicken, peppers, onions, tomatoes, cilantro and cheese.
- Drizzle with dressing.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 1052Total Fat: 83gSaturated Fat: 17gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 62gCholesterol: 153mgSodium: 2162mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 7gSugar: 13gProtein: 49g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.
Originally posted in 2012, updated recipe and photos.