Chicken Fajita Pasta is a one pan meal that is full of delicious flavor and can be ready to serve in under 30 minutes. A budget friendly dinner that is sure to satisfy.
We love to meal prep chickens on the grill over the weekend to make easy pasta dinners and this chicken fajita version was a huge hit. We also love to make these easy Chicken Fajitas on the grill for a family favorite.
Chicken Fajita Pasta ~ Easy One Pan Meal
Pasta is one of the meals that everyone at our house can agree on and if you have chicken on hand, either made ahead, leftover or from the deli, this easy Chicken Fajita Pasta is a delicious option for a quick and easy meal.
- Chicken: Grilled or Rotisserie
- Olive Oil
- Bell Peppers
- Fresh Garlic
- Chicken Broth
- Heavy Cream
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Cumin
- Smoked Paprika
- Pasta: Gemelli or Penne
- Lime Juice
How to Make Chicken Fajita Pasta:
- Dice the vegetables and mince the garlic.
- Cook in a dutch oven with olive oil until softened.
- Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Next add in the broth and cream to the pan.
- Whisk in the salt and spices.
- Add the pasta and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Cook until pasta is tender and sauce has thickened, about 8- 10 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked chicken and vegetables and cook until heated through.
- Remove from heat and mix in the lime juice.
Garnish Ideas for Chicken Fajita Pasta:
- Crushed Tortilla Chips
- Diced Tomatoes
- Sliced Black Olives
How to Store and Reheat:
- Store leftovers in an airtight container up to 3 days.
- Reheat in a pan adding additional chicken broth or milk if needed. Cook over medium heat, stirring until heated through.
More Quick Chicken Dinner Ideas:
Hot Honey Chicken Wraps are a twist on Buffalo Chicken and are loaded with sweet and spicy flavors. Great for any night of the week.
Spanish Chicken and Rice is another one of our go-to meals with leftover chicken. It’s quick, easy and so affordable to feed your family.
Chicken Tortilla Soup is a hearty and delicious comfort food meal that will have everyone coming back for more. Change up taco nigh with this amazing soup that is ready in about 40 minutes.
Get a quick and easy dinner on the table this week using grilled chicken or a rotisserie chicken with this one pan Chicken Fajita Pasta. It’s full of amazing flavors that the whole family is sure to love.
If you love this recipes as much as we do, please leave a comment and a five star review. Be sure to help us share Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cups diced bell peppers (seeds and membranes removed)
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 16 ounces pasta: gemelli or penne
- 3/4 pound cooked chicken, diced
- Juice of 1 lime
- Optional Garnish: sliced avocado, cilantro, diced tomatoes
- In a dutch oven or large pan, add the olive oil and place over medium heat.
- Add the diced bell peppers, onions and garlic. Cook, stirring often until vegetables are softened, about 8 - 10 minutes.
- Remove to a bowl and set aside.
- Add the chicken broth, cream, cumin, smoked paprika and salt and stir to combine.
- Add the pasta and raise the heat to high to bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Cook until pasta is tender and sauce has thickened.
- Lower to simmer and stir in the chicken and vegetables, cooking until heated through.
- Serve immediately adding desired garnishes.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 3 days.
- Reheat pasta in a pan with a bit of milk or chicken broth, over medium heat. Stirring until heated through.