Parmesan Peppercorn Ranch is the best salad dressing or party dip! This simple recipe is made with the classic ranch dressing mix and is sure to be a favorite.
Parmesan Peppercorn Ranch ~ Easy Salad Dressing or Dip
If you love restaurant ranch dressing, chances are it's made with Hidden Valley Ranch Mix. Making it at home with buttermilk and mayo is so much better than the bottled version and takes less than 5 minutes. Add in some grated parmesan cheese and coarse ground peppercorns for a kicked up version.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Ingredients for Parmesan Peppercorn Ranch:
- Buttermilk ~ Whole milk can be substituted or add 1 tablespoon of white vinegar or lemon juice for a buttermilk substitute.
- Mayonnaise ~ Use your favorite brand, do not substitute Miracle Whip.
- Ranch Dressing Mix ~ One packet makes 2 cups of dressing or if you love ranch as much as we do, look for the spice bottle size.
- Parmesan Cheese ~ Fresh grated parmesan cheese is the perfect addition to the creamy ranch flavors.
- Coarse Ground Pepper ~ Grind peppercorns on the coarse setting or use restaurant grind black pepper.
How to Make Parmesan Peppercorn Ranch:
- In a bowl, add buttermilk, mayonnaise, ranch dressing mix, grated parmesan and coarse pepper.
- Whisk together until completely smooth.
- Pour into a small pitcher or a mason jar for serving.
Recipe Tips and Variations:
- Yield: About 2 cups
- Storage: Ranch dressing can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks. These deli containers or a mason jar works great.
- For Thinner Dressing: Whole milk makes a thinner dressing than buttermilk. If dressing is too thin using buttermilk, add 1 tablespoon of milk at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Variations: Add ½ cup picante sauce or salsa in place of ½ of the buttermilk for a Tex-Mex twist. Mix ranch with equal parts bbq sauce for a unique dipping sauce. Add 1 - 2 tablespoons hot sauce for a spicy kick.
- Uses: Top your favorite salads, makes a great pasta salad dressing or coleslaw dressing. Great as a dip for fried foods, chips or vegetables. Try it on pizza or dipping breadsticks.
My mom makes amazing homemade ranch dressing, but I can't ever quite make it as good as hers. I've tried many homemade recipes but I always go back to the Hidden Valley Ranch Mix.
More Homemade Dressing Recipes:
Add this Parmesan Peppercorn Ranch to your must-try list for summer salads and the easiest dipping sauce you can make. We love it on practically everything and I know you will too!
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON FACEBOOK & PINTEREST!
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ¾ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix (1 packet)
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground pepper
- Add buttermilk, mayonnaise, grated parmesan, ranch dressing mix and pepper to a bowl.
- Use a whisk to mix together until completely smooth.
- Pour into a pitcher or a mason jar for serving.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 132Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 226mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 1gProtein: 2g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.