Homemade Breadsticks bake up light and fluffy and then brushed with a quick garlic butter for the ultimate addition to our favorite Italian dinners like lasagna, rigatoni and spaghetti. This is a super simple recipe that anyone can make!
I make garlic breadsticks pretty often, they are so simple to make and are a great addition to your favorite meals. They also make the best snack dipped in marinara sauce or ranch dressing.
PIN IT TO PINTEREST NOW!
Ingredients for Breadsticks:
- Warm Water - 95 - 100°
- Instant or Active Dry Yeast
- Olive Oil
- All Purpose Flour
- Kosher Salt
- Fresh Garlic
- Fresh Parsley
How to Make Breadsticks:
- Pour warm water into a mixer bowl and add in yeast, sugar and oil. Stir together. I like Red Star Yeast Platinum for making bread. It is instant yeast but dry active yeast will also work just fine.
- Add 3 cups of flour and salt. Use a dough hook to mix on low until ingredients come together. Knead for 3- 5 minutes until dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl, adding additional flour as needed ¼ cup at a time.
Grease a large bowl and add dough, turning to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and set in a warm, draft- free place for about 1 hour to double in size.
Punch down dough and roll on a floured surface to about a 12 x 18- inch rectangle.
Use a pizza cutter to cut into 2- inch strips and then down the center, horizontally.
- Grease or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place dough onto baking sheet about ½ inch apart. Set aside to rise 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375° and bake until lightly browned.
- Prepare the garlic butter by melting butter with grated garlic cloves, cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stir in parsley.
- Brush baked breadsticks with garlic butter and serve immediately.
How to Store & Reheat Breadsticks:
Place cooled breadsticks in a zip top plastic bag or wrap in foil. Store at room temperature for 1- 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Reheat at 300° for about 5-8 minutes on a baking sheet or wrapped in foil.
Tips for shaping Breadsticks:
- Shaping bread can be a challenge but breadsticks are super simple and there are two ways to go about it with good results.
- Simply slicing the rolled dough into strips and placing directly on a baking sheet to rise. Dough will stretch slightly when you handle it, just carefully shape into straight strips.
- The second option is to cut the dough into strips and then roll the dough from the long side, pinching the seam and ends together.
- I find just cutting the strips and placing them on the baking sheet to make more consistent looking breadsticks, but either way they are going to taste delicious.
If you need something quick to serve with just about any dinner, this easy garlic bread is just the ticket! Better than the store bought deli loaves, this is my tried and true recipe! Another quick and easy bread to serve for dinner that takes a shortcut with refrigerated pizza crust! Seriously flavorful and delicious. These cheesy breadsticks are loaded with fresh basil pesto and are likely to steal the whole show at dinner!
Easy Dinner Breads and Rolls
If you need something quick to serve with just about any dinner, this easy garlic bread is just the ticket! Better than the store bought deli loaves, this is my tried and true recipe!
Another quick and easy bread to serve for dinner that takes a shortcut with refrigerated pizza crust!
Seriously flavorful and delicious. These cheesy breadsticks are loaded with fresh basil pesto and are likely to steal the whole show at dinner!
Add these easy breadsticks to your menu this week. You will love how simple the dough is to work with and they are always a great compliment to any pasta dinner or pizza night.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
FACEBOOK| PINTEREST | INSTAGRAM|TWITTER| BLOGLOVIN
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
Delicious garlic butter breadsticks made from scratch. A simple recipe to serve with any pasta dinner.
- 1 ½ cups warm water ( 95 - 100°)
- 1 package Red Star Platinum Yeast (2 ¼ teaspoons) or active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for greasing the bowl
- 3- 4 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
for the garlic butter:
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 garlic cloves, grated or finely minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, coarsely chopped
- Add warm water to a mixer bowl with yeast, sugar and oil, stir to combine.
- Next, add 3 cups of flour and salt.
- Mix on low speed using the dough hook until all combined. Raise to medium - high speed and knead for 3- 5 minutes adding ¼ cup of flour as needed. Dough will pull away from the sides of the bowl.
- Grease a large bowl and add dough, turning to coat both sides. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise about an hour or until doubled in size.
- Punch down the dough and flour a clean surface. Roll dough into a 12 x 18 inch rectangle.
- Slice dough in half horizontally and then into 2 inch strips.
- Grease or line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place dough strips onto baking sheets and set aside to rise about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Bake breadsticks 12- 15 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Prepare garlic butter by combining butter and garlic in a small pan. Cook for about 5 minutes over low heat. Stir in chopped parsley. Brush over baked breadsticks and serve immediately.
Store breadsticks in a zip top plastic bag or wrapped in foil on the counter for 1 - 2 days or in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
Reheat in a 300° oven on baking sheet or wrapped in foil for about 8 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 714Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 301mgCarbohydrates: 130gFiber: 5gSugar: 3gProtein: 18g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.
Leave a Reply