This Zesty Taco Pasta Bake is a delicious casserole perfect for busy weeknights and satisfies all of your Tex- Mex cravings!
Zesty Taco Pasta Bake
It is so easy to get stuck in a dinner rut and I’m always trying to think of one more dish I can make with ground beef. This Zesty Taco Pasta Bake might just be my new favorite and it’s a real family pleaser.
I’m loving that the days are getting longer but longer days usually means our dinner schedule gets a little crazier. Our heifers are having their cute little babies and there’s always one more check before dark to make sure none of them need help.
It has been raining buckets and we have mud up to our eyeballs but I’m so excited for spring. We have the perfect garden spot and I can’t wait to get started.
Our garden plans include tomatoes, peppers, onions, cucumbers, strawberries, watermelons and cantaloupes. Maybe potatoes and lots of herbs. I think we may be running a little behind in getting it planted but it’s happening soon!
This Zesty Taco Pasta Bake came together so easily. You could even make it ahead and pop it in the oven at dinner time.
Salsa verde gives this casserole it’s zesty flavor. I always have a jar in the pantry for all of my serious Mexican food cravings.
Every day could be Taco Tuesday in my book. I make quesdadillas for lunch or as an after school snack quite often and my Epic Creamy Chicken Enchiladas are everyone’s favorite. If you enjoy those flavors as much as we do, this is a satisfying and delicious dinner to try.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- 1 pound cellantini (or your favorite macaroni type pasta)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced sweet peppers
- 1 cup salsa verde
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ cup sour cream
- 3 cups cheddar cheese (or pepper jack) divided use
- cilantro for garnish
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Boil pasta 6 minutes or just until it starts to get tender (it will finish cooking in the oven). Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, add ground beef to a large oven- safe skillet and place over medium- high heat. Season with salt, garlic, and cumin. Cook stirring occasionally until well browned. Add onions and sweet peppers and cook about 5 more minutes or until vegetables are softened. Drain excess fat if needed.
- Lower heat to low, stir in salsa verde, milk, sour cream and 2 cups of shredded cheese. Stir until combined. Stir in drained pasta until well combined. Sprinkle remaining cheese over the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with cilantro if desired.
- Can be served with sour cream and your favorite toppings.