As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Homemade Cheesy Ground Beef Taquitos are a quick and delicious meal or perfect easy game day appetizer. Just a few simple ingredients that you probably have on hand in this easy snack.
Cheesy Ground Beef Taquitos
Taquitos are one of my favorites and they are so easy to make at home. The taquitos from the freezer isle are one of my guilty pleasures and I have no idea what they are filled with but when you make them at home, you know exactly what you are eating!
Quick dinners are a must for busy weeknights. Everyone’s ready to eat the minute they step through the front door. Taquitos are one of the easiest things you can make in a hurry and they are pretty budget friendly too.
Just take me to the Cheesy Ground Beef Taquitos Recipe!
If you are looking for the recipe, just scroll all the way to the bottom for the printable recipe. Otherwise, read on for my tips and tricks for the best homemade taquitos.
How to Make Cheesy Ground Beef Taquitos:
- Brown ground beef in a skillet, season with salt.
- Add salsa, seasonings and shredded cheese.
- Stir until well combined. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Heat corn tortillas in a dry skillet until pliable but not browned.
- Fill tortillas with ground beef mixture and roll up.
- Place seam side down on a greased or lined baking sheet or in air fryer.
- Spray lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes or in the air fryer for 5-6 minutes.
- Serve with sour cream, homemade salsa, or ranch dressing.
Tips for Making Taquitos:
Taquitos can be baked or fried. Use a cooking spray, like Pam if you are baking them. It will help them to brown and crisp. You can also brush them lightly with oil if you don’t have cooking spray.
Use corn tortillas or flour tortillas. Small tortillas work best for taquitos. For this recipe, I used the mini taco white corn tortillas. They are like the street taco shells, great for appetizer size taquitos.
More Taquito Recipes to Try:
Taquitos are a great idea for leftovers we have made and these ground beef taquitos would be a snap with leftover taco filling.
Brisket Taquitos are one of my absolute favorites. There’s something about that smoky filling and crispy tortilla shell.
Cheesy Pulled Pork Taquitos are a game day favorite. Easy to eat while watching the big game!
Chicken Artichoke & Jalapeño Taquitos have the perfect spicy kick!
Barbecue Chicken Taquitos are a snap and always a crowd favorite.
Apple Pie Taquitos are crazy delicious! An unexpected dessert that is going to steal the show!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 12 corn tortillas or 24 mini corn tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400°
- Add ground beef to a skillet, season with salt, cooking over medium-high heat.
- Stir often and break meat into a fine crumble, cooking until well browned. Remove from heat, drain any excess grease.
- Stir in salsa, garlic, chili powder, cumin and cheese until well combined and cheese has melted.
- Heat a griddle or iron skillet and warm tortillas to make them pliable. Do not allow them to crisp and brown, just warm them.
- Place about 1- 2 tablespoons of meat mixture into each tortilla, roll up and place seam side down (or close so that it doesn't come open) onto a greased or lined baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until taquitos are crunchy.
For Air Fryer - place taquitos seam side down and spray with cooking spray. Cook 5-6 minutes at 350°.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 427 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 64mg Sodium: 517mg Carbohydrates: 49g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 7g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 26g
This recipe was originally published in 2011. Post and recipe has been updated and new photos added.