Easy Stuffed Pepper Soup is a hearty dinner that comes together in about 30 minutes. Delicious ground beef, onions and sweet bell peppers in a tomato broth and rice is a filling meal that the entire family will enjoy.
I'm always on the hunt for easy ground beef recipes and this one is definitely on the top of the list for busy weeknights.
How to Make Easy Stuffed Pepper Soup
- Start with lean ground beef or I like to use ground chuck. The meat is quickly browned and then onions, garlic and bell peppers are added.
- Next stir in tomato sauce, beef broth and Oregano. This is simmered for a few minutes and stir in cooked rice.
I love how this soup has all of the flavors of stuffed peppers but is much quicker and easier to make on a busy weeknight.
This is a great soup for garden vegetables. We grow a pretty big garden every summer and tomatoes and peppers are always plentiful.
I roast the garden fresh tomatoes, process them and make tomato sauce, then freeze it in zip top freezer bags. I chopped the extra bell peppers last summer and froze those as well. It makes recipes like this Easy Stuffed Pepper Soup incredibly simple.
You can use fresh peppers and store bought tomato sauce if that's what you have on hand, either way this soup is delicious and so flavorful. If you love the flavors of this soup, this easy Sausage and Pepper Rice dinner will also be a favorite. It's so quick and easy.
More Easy Ground Beef Recipes to Try:
This BBQ Meatloaf is stuffed with peppers, onions and lots of garlic and so delicious! Easy Korean Ground Beef and Broccoli is one of my most favorite weeknight dinners, so quick and easy! Zesty Taco Pasta Bake has tons of Tex-Mex flavors that everyone can agree on. Dr Pepper Sloppy Joes are super fast and always a hit with a hungry crowd.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Get dinner on the table in no time with this Stuffed Pepper Soup recipe. It's so filling and totally delicious. It's sure to be a family favorite!
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 1 ½ pounds lean ground beef or ground chuck
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup chopped bell peppers
- 2 cups tomato sauce - roasted if available
- 32 ounces beef broth
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 cups cooked white or brown rice
- fresh parsley for garnish if desired.
- Add ground beef to a deep skillet or dutch oven and place over medium- high heat.
- Cook stirring often to break into small pieces until well browned.
- Add onion, garlic and bell peppers. Cook 5 minutes or until vegetables start to soften.
- Add tomato sauce, beef broth and oregano.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then lower to simmer.
- Cook 10 minutes.
- Stir in cooked rice and cook 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with fresh parsley if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 436Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 118mgSodium: 1421mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 3gSugar: 5gProtein: 42g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.