Dr Pepper Barbecue Sloppy Joes are a hearty meal perfect for tailgating and family get togethers! A simple recipe that is a real crowd pleaser!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me and on behalf of Dr Pepper®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
No matter which team you are cheering on this season we can all agree that there has to be some amazing food involved! I’ve got classic comfort food for you today!
There’s two things my family loves and barbecue sauce is both of them! So much that I started my own barbecue sauce business years ago. I love making all sorts of varieties of barbecue sauce and my Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce has been one of my all- time most popular recipes!
Watch the video on HOW TO MAKE DR PEPPER BARBECUE SAUCE:
I would guess I have made barbecue sloppy joes at least a thousand times. It was always a favorite when I was cooking lunches on the ranch in Wyoming. You just can’t go wrong with sloppy joes, they are perfect for feeding a big crowd.
You can make these before your get together and pop it in the crock pot to be ready on demand. I love make ahead dishes for entertaining so that I can enjoy the party too
I picked up plenty of Dr. Pepper at Dollar General along with some great party supplies for our weekend get together. Plus I earn cool reward points when I buy Dr. Pepper at Dollar General. I bought several 12 packs of Dr Pepper and earned 3 points for each one.
The rewards are awesome for tailgating – cool Dr Pepper T-shirts, Koozies, Tailgate Totes, Chairs, Coolers and more!
SIGN UP NOW to collect your Dr Pepper Points at Dollar General
You will love how simple this recipe comes together and it’s likely to become a family favorite!
Just brown some ground beef in a skillet along with some onion and seasonings.
Add in the Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce and simmer it for about 5 minutes. That’s it folks, so EASY! So Delicious!
I have to tell you we also love the Dr Pepper Barbecue Sloppy Joes mixture served over tater tots. You gotta try it!
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cups Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce
- 6-8 buns
- Add ground beef to a large skillet and place over medium-high heat. Season with garlic, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring until it starts to brown. Add onions and continue to cook until onions are softened and ground beef starts to get crispy.
- Add Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce and stir to combine well. Lower heat to low and simmer about 5 minutes. Keep warm until ready to serve or put into a slow cooker and place on warm setting until ready to serve.
- Serve over buns.