Dr Pepper Brownies are an easy, one- bowl recipe that are decadent and delicious! Perfect for tailgating or any get together.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me and on behalf of Dr Pepper®. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Brownies are my favorite dessert when I need something quick and easy. These Dr Pepper Brownies are fudgy and oh so tasty!
I am not likely to ever pass up a brownie but I do prefer them to be more fudgy than cakey and these Dr Pepper Brownies were just the ticket for my sweet tooth!
Just in time for tailgating, Dollar General and Dr Pepper are offering a very cool rewards program! I earned 3 points each for the 12 packs of Dr Pepper I picked up before the weekend.
Collect points and earn great tailgating rewards like koozies, coolers, serving dishes and more. Be sure to sign up and head to Dollar General for everything you need for your next tailgate event.
SIGN UP NOW to collect your Dr Pepper Points at Dollar General
To make these one- bowl brownies, I start with semi-sweet chocolate chips and butter and melt them together in the microwave.
Add in brown sugar and eggs.
Next I add in Dr Pepper for a little boost of flavor and it also helps create that fudgy goodness that I crave!
Finally, add in the cocoa powder, flour and a bit of salt. Stir it all together and I pour it into a greased iron skillet. Use any baking dish you prefer.
I baked them for about 25 minutes, it may take an additional five minutes if you are using a traditional baking pan.
I have the hardest time waiting on the brownies to cool enough to slice and eat them. I love them best when they are still warm from the oven.
If you wait until they cool completely, they are easy to slice. You can serve them right away or package them up in a zip top bag for your tailgate party.
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup Dr. Pepper
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add butter and chocolate chips to a microwave safe mixing bowl and cook for 30 seconds, stir and microwave for another 30 seconds. Stir until smooth, repeat if necessary.
- Add brown sugar and eggs and mix until combined. Stir in Dr. Pepper. Add flour, cocoa powder and salt. Stir until combined.
- Pour into a greased cast iron skillet or baking pan. (I used a 10 inch skillet, a 9x9 baking pan would also work)
- Bake for 25 minutes if using a skillet, 30 minutes if using a baking pan.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before slicing.