Chocolate Glazed Brownies are an easy dessert for any day of the week. Fudgy brownies topped with a simple chocolate glaze and just add sprinkles for holidays and celebrations!
Chocolate Glazed Brownies
Brownies are always a favorite treat at our house. This simple recipe just uses standard pantry ingredients and is easy to mix up even on busy weeknights.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Just take me to the recipe! For the printable recipe card, just scroll to the very bottom. You will get the full ingredients list and baking instructions. Or just read on for step by step photos of the process.
How to Make Chocolate Glazed Brownies:
- Add softened butter, eggs and vanilla to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Mix in sugar.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Pour into an 8 x 8 inch lined or greased baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Mix powdered sugar, cocoa powder and hot water together for glaze.
- Pour over brownies and spread evenly.
- Chill for 1 hour and cut into bars.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
More Brownies Recipes to Try:
- Dulce de Leche Brownies are decadent and crazy delicious. If you are a caramel lover, these brownies are for you.
- Walnut Brownies are super simple and filled with crunchy walnuts. One of my all time favorites.
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies are rich and delicious. A simple no bake cheesecake filling and M&M Candies top these fudgy brownies.
- Brownie Pudding Pie is a super simple recipe that will wow your guests. Layers of brownie, chocolate pudding and whipped topping for an unbeatable dessert.
What Makes Brownies Fudgy?
Brownies with more butter and less flour will produce a fudgy brownie rather than a cakey brownie. The ratio of eggs and sugar will not change the fudgy consistency.
How to Store Glazed Brownies:
These brownies can be stored at room temperature or in the refrigerator. Cover with plastic wrap or store in an airtight container. Brownies will stay fresher for a few more days if stored in the refrigerator.
Tips for Baking Brownies:
Lining the pan with parchment paper or foil will make it easy to slice your brownies. You can lift the entire batch from the pan and slice them evenly. If you are using foil, spray with non stick cooking spray before adding batter.
Butter and eggs should be at room temperature for the best brownies.
Check your brownies about 5 minutes before the cooking time is up. Oven temperatures and cooking times can vary.
Bake brownies on the middle rack of your oven. This will ensure the bottom and the top bake evenly and cook through.
Allow brownies to cool completely to get better slices. For perfect slices, chill brownies. However, if you are serving brownies warm from the oven with a scoop of ice cream, dig right in.
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
for the glaze
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix butter and sugar together in a large bowl.
- Add sugar, vanilla and eggs, mixing well.
- Add flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir just until combined.
- Line or grease an 8 inch square baking dish.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until center is set, check at 20 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack.
Mix glaze ingredients and spread over brownies.
- Chill one hour in refrigerator. Slice into bars.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 307Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 191mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 30gProtein: 5g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.