As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chocolate Glazed Brownies are an easy dessert for any day of the week. Fudgy brownies topped with a simple chocolate glaze and just add sprinkles for holidays and celebrations!
Chocolate Glazed Brownies
Brownies are always a favorite treat at our house. This simple recipe just uses standard pantry ingredients and is easy to mix up even on busy weeknights.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Just take me to the recipe! For the printable recipe card, just scroll to the very bottom. You will get the full ingredients list and baking instructions. Or just read on for step by step photos of the process.
How to Make Chocolate Glazed Brownies:
- Add softened butter, eggs and vanilla to a mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Mix in sugar.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Stir until well combined.
- Pour into an 8 x 8 inch lined or greased baking pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Mix powdered sugar, cocoa powder and hot water together for glaze.
- Pour over brownies and spread evenly.
- Chill for 1 hour and cut into bars.
- Serve chilled or at room temperature.
More Brownies Recipes to Try:
- Dulce de Leche Brownies are decadent and crazy delicious. If you are a caramel lover, these brownies are for you.
- Walnut Brownies are super simple and filled with crunchy walnuts. One of my all time favorites.
- Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies are rich and delicious. A simple no bake cheesecake filling and M&M Candies top these fudgy brownies.
- Brownie Pudding Pie is a super simple recipe that will wow your guests. Layers of brownie, chocolate pudding and whipped topping for an unbeatable dessert.
What Makes Brownies Fudgy?
Brownies with more butter and less flour will produce a fudgy brownie rather than a cakey brownie. The ratio of eggs and sugar will not change the fudgy consistency.
How to Store Glazed Brownies:
These brownies can be stored at room temperature or in the refrigerator. Cover with plastic wrap or store in an airtight container. Brownies will stay fresher for a few more days if stored in the refrigerator.
Tips for Baking Brownies:
Lining the pan with parchment paper or foil will make it easy to slice your brownies. You can lift the entire batch from the pan and slice them evenly. If you are using foil, spray with non stick cooking spray before adding batter.
Butter and eggs should be at room temperature for the best brownies.
Check your brownies about 5 minutes before the cooking time is up. Oven temperatures and cooking times can vary.
Bake brownies on the middle rack of your oven. This will ensure the bottom and the top bake evenly and cook through.
Allow brownies to cool completely to get better slices. For perfect slices, chill brownies. However, if you are serving brownies warm from the oven with a scoop of ice cream, dig right in.
for the glaze
Mix glaze ingredients and spread over brownies.
Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 307 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 89mg Sodium: 191mg Carbohydrates: 45g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 30g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 5g