Dulce de Leche Brownies are the absolute best brownies ever! Decadent and delicious fudgy brownies filled with caramel.
Dulce de Leche Brownies
At seven o'clock last night I had a chocolate craving. I approach the pantry and see a can of Dulce de Leche and instantly think caramel brownies.
I have been wanting to try a new brownie so I did a quick Google search and found these babies. Being seven at night and the fact that I live in the middle of nowhere, I used semi-sweet chocolate chips because that's what I had.
If you have fancy- shmancy chocolate feel free to use it, I am sure it would elevate these already fantastic brownies! The recipe is from David Lebovitz, so you know it's going to be out of this world.
There are a few steps to these but I am telling you they are at the top of my list with fudgy goodness with dollops of caramel. Are you drooling yet?
I am going to be stocking up on Dulce de Leche, many, many cans I will be needing to make these again and again!
If you aren't familiar with Dulce de Leche it is basically caramel, like caramelized sweetened condensed milk (I can eat it straight out of the can).
It can be found on the isle of your supermarket near the Mexican ingredients. You can also make your own, but it's easier to find it at the store.
Boiling or baking cans of sweetened condensed milk just isn't my thing, but to each his own. You must bake these brownies, you must, you are missing out on the greatest brownies if don't and I wouldn't want anyone to miss out on something so good!
I'm also loving these Walnut Brownies for a decadent chocolate dessert!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
- 8 tablespoons butter, cut into pieces
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup Dulce de Leche
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a 8-inch square baking dish with a parchment paper or spray pan with non stick cooking spray.
- Add butter and semi-sweet chocolate to a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring until the chocolate is melted.
- Whisk in the cocoa powder until smooth. Add in eggs one at a time, then stir in the sugar, vanilla, then the flour.
- Pour half of the batter into baking pan.
- Spoon one-third of the Dulce de Leche, over the brownie batter evenly in dollops, then drag a knife or spatula through and swirl.
- Pour the remaining brownie batter over, then spoon the remaining Dulce de Leche in dollops over the top of the brownie batter.
- Use a knife or spatula to swirl the Dulce de Leche throughout the brownie batter.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
- The brownies center will be slightly firm when they are done. Remove from the oven and allow cool completely.
Adapted from The Sweet Life in Paris (Broadway Books) David Lebovitz
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 54mgSodium: 52mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 1gSugar: 37gProtein: 4g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.