These Bacon Cheese Burger Twice Baked Idaho Potatoes are filling and full of flavor! It's so easy to get into a meal rut. Today I'm sharing a this creative and delicious recipe that my family went crazy for!
Bacon Cheese Burger Twice Baked Idaho Potatoes
This is a sponsored post in partnership with the Idaho Potato Commission.
I'm teaming up with Virtual Potluck and the Idaho Potato Commission to share kid-friendly recipes featuring Idaho® potatoes.
Baked potatoes are one of my very favorite foods and twice baked potatoes are even better. I do make them pretty often because the whole family loves them and they make any dinner something wonderful.
I took the twice baked potato to epic proportions with these Bacon Cheese Burger Twice Baked Idaho Potatoes! The guys were actually still talking about them the next day. This is definitely a new recipe for the dinner rotation.
We love potatoes and enjoy them just about every day. One of our favorites is a Slow Cooker Cheesy Smoked Sausage & Idaho Potato Soup. It's perfectly comforting and delicious.
How to Make Bacon Cheese Burger Twice Baked Idaho Potatoes
I baked the Idaho® Potatoes and prepared a twice baked potato filling with butter, sour cream, cheese, garlic, salt and pepper. I also cooked a bit of ground beef and fried some bacon! You know I've got to have bacon.
I filled the baked potato shells and topped them with the ground beef that I tossed with barbecue sauce. Sprinkled over the bacon, a little more cheese and a few green onions. I popped them back in the oven for about 25 minutes and wow, they were so good!
I'm thinking next time of topping these with Easy Onion Strings!
It was extremely filling and along with a green salad and some crusty bread, it is a fine meal for busy weeknights. You can make the ingredients ahead of time and assemble these twice baked potatoes when you are ready to serve them.
You just have to try these, I mean immediately, like today!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- 4 Idaho® Baking Potatoes
- ½ cup melted butter
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 ⅓ cup shredded Colby-Jack Cheese, divided use
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 pound cooked ground beef (I seasoned mine with ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon garlic)
- ½ cup barbecue sauce
- 6 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Scrub potatoes until clean and dry them.
- Place on a baking sheet and bake one hour or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool slightly.
- Lower oven temperature to 375° F.
- Cut potatoes lengthwise about ¾ of the way through, leaving them attached on the bottom. Scrape insides of potatoes with a spoon into a large mixing bowl. Add butter, sour cream, 1 cup of cheese, garlic, salt and pepper. Mash together or whip with an electric mixer, depending on your desired texture.
- Spoon filling into potato shells and place on a baking sheet.
- Toss ground beef with barbecue sauce and spoon equally over potatoes. Sprinkle each potato with remaining cheese, bacon and green onions.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until potatoes are heated through and cheese is melted.