Lemon Pound Cake with buttermilk-lemon glaze is a quick and easy dessert for any day of the week. Only a few ingredients and about 10 minutes of prep to make this bright and flavorful loaf cake.
Lemon Pound Cake
Pound Cake is a delightful dessert that practically everyone loves. If you are looking for a classic recipe, give this Million Dollar Pound Cake a try. It is baked in a bundt pan and perfect for entertaining and celebrations.
How to Make Lemon Pound Cake:
- Grease your loaf pan heavily with non stick cooking spray.
- Add sugar to mixing bowl and grate lemon zest into sugar. Mix together with your hands, rubbing the zest into the sugar until well combined.
- Add butter and eggs to sugar mixture and beat until throughly combined, about 2 minutes on medium speed.
- Mix in lemon juice and buttermilk just until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder and kosher salt. Mix well.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and bake for 55 minutes to one hour. A toothpick inserted slightly off center will come out mostly clean.
- Run a knife around edge of pan and remove to a wire rack to cool 5 minutes.
- Mix glaze by combining melted butter, powdered sugar, buttermilk and lemon juice together in a small bowl.
- Pour over warm cake.
- Slice and serve immediately or at room temperature.
Store leftover cake, tightly wrapped in plastic wrap up to 2 days at room temperature or refrigerated up to 4 days.
You can skip the glaze and just serve this pound cake plain or with whipped cream and fresh berries if you prefer. The cake is moist and delicious on it's own but I have to say, the tangy buttermilk and lemon glaze is pretty tasty.
This is a great dessert when you need something simple. It makes a small loaf cake, perfect for an easy weeknight treat or to serve with your morning coffee. You might also like this easy Coconut Pound Cake that is quick and easy.
This easy Lemon Pound Cake is a keeper. No fancy ingredients to gather up and with the quick glaze, there's no decorating to do. I hope you will add it to your baking list!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
For the Cake
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- zest of 2 lemons
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ⅔ cup buttermilk
- 1 ½ cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- FOR THE GLAZE:
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 ½ tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- non stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Grease a 9 x 5 inch loaf pan heavily with non stick cooking spray.
- Next, add sugar and lemon zest to mixer bowl and mix together with your fingers until it is evenly combined.
- Add butter and eggs and beat mixture at medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Blend in lemon juice and buttermilk just until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder and salt and continue to mix on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Pour into greased pan and bake for 55- 60 minutes. A toothpick inserted will come out mostly clean.
- Run a knife around the pan to loosen cake and place on a wire rack to cool while you make the glaze.
- Mix melted butter, powdered sugar, buttermilk and lemon juice together until smooth.
- Place warm cake on a serving tray and top with glaze.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
Store leftover cake tightly wrapped in plastic wrap at room temperature up to 2 days or refrigerated up to 4 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 409Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 82mgSodium: 264mgCarbohydrates: 66gFiber: 1gSugar: 46gProtein: 5g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.