As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy Peach Cobbler is the classic cobbler that everyone loves. It is one of the easiest desserts that you can make. It can be made with canned, fresh or frozen peaches so you can enjoy it all year long.
I got this cobbler recipe from my mother in law and I’ve made it countless times over the years. I have even made it into Blueberry Cobbler and an Easy Apple Cobbler. It works with just about any fruit.
How to Make Easy Peach Cobbler:
- Mix flour, sugar and baking powder together in a mixing bowl.
- Add milk and vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Cover the bottom of a 13 x 9 inch baking dish with melted butter.
- Pour batter over butter, spreading evenly.
- Drain half of syrup from peaches and discard.
- Pour peaches over batter but do not stir to mix. Gently scatter peaches throughout the dish.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes or until center is bubbly and edges are golden brown.
- Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Top with vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream if desired.
Can you use Fresh or Frozen Peaches for Cobbler?
Make this peach cobbler with fresh peaches or frozen peaches. If you are making it with fresh or frozen peaches, you will want to mix 4 cups of sliced peaches with about 1 cup of sugar.
There is something so comforting about a warm peach cobbler fresh from the oven. It is a dessert so simple that anyone can make it. I love how quick it comes together.
I oftentimes mix it up while I’m finishing up dinner and pop it in the oven. Then we have warm cobbler for dessert after dinner.
How can I tell if the cobbler is done?
This cobbler gets crisp and cake like around the edges but the middle, around the peaches will be softer and a bit gooey. Oven temperatures can vary. Depending on the amount of liquid in your fruit, it might take a little longer to bake. I start checking my cobbler at 40 minutes but on occasion, I have baked it as long as 55 minutes.
If you need a quick fix for your peach cravings, these Peach Cobbler Bombs are just the ticket! Made in the oven or air fryer in about 20 minutes.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup butter
- 29 oz can of sliced peaches in heavy syrup
- optional topping:
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Combine flour, sugar and baking powder in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in milk and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour melted butter into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Pour batter into melted butter, spreading evenly.
- Drain half of syrup from peaches and discard. Pour peaches with remaining syrup over batter. Do not mix, but scatter peaches carefully if needed.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar topping and sprinkle over the cobbler.
- Bake for 40 minutes and check cobbler. Cook an additional 5-10 minutes if needed. Cobbler should be golden brown around the edges and set in the middle.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or sweetened whipped cream.
You can also use 2 - 15 oz cans sliced peaches (drain syrup from one can).
If using fresh or frozen peaches - combine 4 cups sliced peaches with 1 cup sugar.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 451Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 43mgSodium: 461mgCarbohydrates: 74gFiber: 3gSugar: 51gProtein: 5g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.