As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Easy Blackberry Crisp is an incredibly delicious dessert that you can put together in about 5 minutes with just a few ingredients. It is so good warm from the oven, topped with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream!
PIN IT TO SAVE FOR LATER!
Easy Blackberry Crisp
Over the weekend, Tony came back from checking the cows carrying his hat. He offered it to me and it was filled with wild blackberries!
I have been anticipating the wild blackberries for weeks now. They are just starting to get ripe and I will be spending some time gathering up as many as I can over the next few weeks.
How to Make Easy Blackberry Crisp:
I gave the blackberries a good rinse and decided to bake up a crisp. I dumped them in a skillet with a bit of sugar and some fresh lemon juice.
I mixed up the topping with flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and butter. It baked up in about 30 minutes and couldn’t have been easier.
It came out of the oven all bubbly and smelled like heaven. I topped it off with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream and I could’ve eaten the entire skillet. It was really easier than pie or cobbler. This will be my new go-to blackberry dessert.
Of course I can make room for a couple of Easy Blackberry Mojitos anytime we are sitting on the front porch.
Picking blackberries can be a challenge. The wild blackberry bushes have terrible stickers, it’s usually hotter than hades when they finally get ripe and let’s not even talk about the chiggers.
However, it’s all worth it when we bite into those ripe, juicy berries.
This crisp recipe would work with whatever fruit you have on hand and I’m sure I will be trying it with peaches or something like this Instant Pot Apple Crisp is always delicious! My Easy Blueberry Cobbler is also a family favorite.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- 3-4 cups fresh blackberries
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
for the topping
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add berries to a 10 inch cast iron skillet or a pie dish. Add lemon juice, sugar and cornstarch and stir together.
- In a medium sized bowl, add flour, oats, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Stir until well combined. Add butter and using a fork or pastry blender, mix together until crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over berry mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and topping is lightly browned.
- Serve warm or at room temperature with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.