Blackberries and Cream Ice Cream is an easy, no churn recipe that everyone will love. It is an awesome dessert for summer barbecues and get togethers.
Our ranch has tons of wild blackberries. Many of the bushes grow along the fence lines. The wild blackberries were finally ripe a few weekends ago. So me and Emmet set out on the 4-wheeler with buckets in hand.
It was so about 96 degrees outside and we did take a few minutes to cool off in the creek. After about an hour my husband joined us and took us to the mother lode of blackberry bushes. We picked about 20+ cups of blackberries. Wild blackberries are smaller than what you buy at the market but they totally make up for it in flavor.
I made a nice blackberry pie, shared a few of the blackberries with my in-laws and then I made this Blackberries and Cream Ice Cream. It was so easy to put together and I didn’t even use the ice cream machine. The hardest part was waiting on it to freeze!
Now onto these fabulous recipes for hosting the most amazing Ice Cream Social!
Ice Cream Social
- Waffle Bowls from Barbara Bakes
- Black Forest Ice Cream Sundaes from Creative Culinary
- Bourbon Caramel Sauce for Ice Cream Sundaes from The Heritage Cook
- Vegan Banana Split Popsicles from Stetted
- Raspberry Ice Cream from Jeanette’s Healthy Living
- Cassata Ice Cream Cake from Spice Roots
- Roasted Apricot and Shortbread Ice Cream Bars from Willow Bird Baking
- Plum, Blackberry and Sage Frozen Yogurt from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Blueberry Plum Sorbet from Healthy Delicious
- Mocha Ice Cream from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups blackberries
- Whip the cream until soft peaks form. Fold in vanilla and sweetened condensed milk. Fold in berries until well combined.
- Place in an airtight container and freeze 12 hours or overnight.