Blackberries and Cream Ice Cream is an easy, no churn recipe that everyone will love. It is an awesome dessert for summer barbecues and get togethers. Join me today for this month’s Progressive Eats Ice Cream Social! It’s going to be so good!
Our ranch has tons of wild blackberries. Many of the bushes grow along the fence lines. The wild blackberries were finally ripe a few weekends ago. So me and Emmet set out on the 4-wheeler with buckets in hand.
It was so about 96 degrees outside and we did take a few minutes to cool off in the creek. After about an hour my husband joined us and took us to the mother lode of blackberry bushes. We picked about 20+ cups of blackberries. Wild blackberries are smaller than what you buy at the market but they totally make up for it in flavor.
I made a nice blackberry pie, shared a few of the blackberries with my in-laws and then I made this Blackberries and Cream Ice Cream. It was so easy to put together and I didn’t even use the ice cream machine. The hardest part was waiting on it to freeze!
Now onto these fabulous recipes for hosting the most amazing Ice Cream Social!
Ice Cream Social
- Waffle Bowls from Barbara Bakes
- Black Forest Ice Cream Sundaes from Creative Culinary
- Bourbon Caramel Sauce for Ice Cream Sundaes from The Heritage Cook
- Vegan Banana Split Popsicles from Stetted
- Raspberry Ice Cream from Jeanette’s Healthy Living
- Copycat Baseball Nut Ice Cream from girlichef
- Cassata Ice Cream Cake from Spice Roots
- Roasted Apricot and Shortbread Ice Cream Bars from Willow Bird Baking
- Plum, Blackberry and Sage Frozen Yogurt from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Blueberry Plum Sorbet from Healthy Delicious
- Mocha Ice Cream from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
Welcome to Progressive Eats, our virtual version of a Progressive Dinner Party. This month’s theme is an Ice Cream Social and is hosted by Barbara Schieving who blogs at Barbara Bakes. With summer in full swing, now is the time to get outside and enjoy some ice cream with friends and family!
If you’re unfamiliar with the concept, a progressive dinner involves going from house to house, enjoying a different course at each location. With Progressive Eats, a theme is chosen each month, members share recipes suitable for a delicious meal or party, and you can hop from blog to blog to check them out.
We have a core group of 12 bloggers, but we will always need substitutes and if there is enough interest would consider additional groups. To see our upcoming themes and how you can participate, please check out the schedule at Creative Culinary or contact Barb for more information.