Easy Brown Sugar Glazed Ham is a great addition to any holiday meal. This spiral sliced ham is basted with pineapple juice and crusted with brown sugar and warm spices for the most flavorful ham.
A spiral sliced ham is the ultimate centerpiece for Easter, Christmas or any special celebration. This Easy Brown Sugar Glazed Ham is flavorful and delicious and is made with just a few simple ingredients.
I am an ambassador for Petit Jean Meats. I was provided with a ham for recipe development purposes, but I was not compensated for this post.
My favorite Petit Jean Ozark Hickory Smoked Spiral Sliced Ham is always the star of our holiday dinners, especially Easter dinner.
Step by Step Directions
- Place your ham in a baking dish. Pour pineapple juice over ham.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, garlic, chili powder, ground cinnamon, ground cloves and black pepper together.
- Rub brown sugar mixture over all sides of ham, using your hands to press the rub onto the ham.
- Bake at 325° for 10 minutes per pound. Every 15 minutes, remove ham from oven and spoon juices over the entire ham and in between slices.
Pineapple Juice combines with the brown sugar and spices to create a tender, juicy and delicious ham.
Petit Jean Meats is a small, family owned business that I grew up with. They make the most amazing products that can be shipped right to your door if you are not in the Arkansas, Oklahoma or Texas areas.
This Easy Brown Sugar Glazed Ham recipe is also featured at Petit Jean Meats.com where you will find easy and delicious recipes for all of their products.
How to Cook a Smoked Ham:
A smoked ham is precooked and just needs to be heated through. Figure about 10 minutes per pound at 325°. You can wrap in foil to keep it moist. Glazing the ham will also help to retain moisture.
If you enjoy the crispy edges from the sticky brown sugar glaze, you can skip the foil.
How Much Ham Should I Buy?
With a bone-in, spiral cut ham you can figure about ¾ pound per person. A Petit Jean Half Ham will feed about 10 people.
What Temperature Should I Bake My Ham?
Since spiral sliced hams come fully cooked, it's best to bake at 325° to keep it from drying out.
A bone-in spiral sliced ham is my favorite for holiday meals. You are going to get the most flavorful ham when it's cooked with the bone. Plus you can keep that bone for a nice pot of crock pot black eyed peas or Slow Cooker Black Beans! I love the spiral cut because it makes it so easy to serve.
Side Dishes for Ham:
Potato Gratin is filled with a cheesy sauce for the creamiest and most delicious potatoes, we also love Cheesy Hashbrown Casserole with a holiday ham or go for a classic with these Creamy Mashed Potatoes.
More Delicious Glazed Ham Recipes:
If you love to grill, our Balsamic Glazed Ham is over the top amazing and will free up the oven for your other holiday dishes. We also love this grilled Coca-Cola Ham for big get togethers and holiday celebrations.
If you have leftover ham, check out the Best Leftover Ham Recipes!
Add this Brown Sugar Glazed Ham to your Thanksgiving dinner, Christmas dinner or any family gathering to feed a crowd. It's a flavorful and delicious main course that everyone will enjoy.
If you love this Recipe as much as I do, please leave a comment and a five star review, and be sure to help me share on Pinterest!
- 1 Petit Jean Meats Spiral Sliced Ham
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chiil powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Set ham out about 2 hours before baking to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 325°
- Place ham in a baking dish and pour pineapple juice over the top.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and spices.
- Rub ham with brown sugar on all sides, pressing lightly.
- Bake ham for 10 minutes per pound, basting with juices about every 20 minutes, until ham reaches an internal temperature of about 140 - 150°
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 303Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 0gSugar: 19gProtein: 3g
Nutritional calculation is estimated and may not be accurate.