I’m taking the classic onion dip to the next level with this Hawaiian Onion Dip! Rich and creamy caramelized onion dip topped with mozzarella cheese, crispy bacon, ham and pineapples for a delicious appetizer for any party!
Hawaiian Onion Dip
I think dip could be it’s own food group at our house and onion dip is always a favorite. I have been making homemade onion dip when the craving hits and there is never a drop left.
I recently got a nice package of ham and bacon from my favorite Petit Jean Meats. I am a Blue Diamond Ambassador for them. I grew up loving their amazing products and it’s seriously the best you can get.
Hawaiian pizza is one of my favorites and I had the idea for a Hawaiian pizza dip. My idea didn’t taste quite like I wanted it to, so back to the kitchen I went.
It’s really simple and it’s perfect for backyard parties or game day gatherings. While the onions were caramelizing I baked the bacon in the oven. Have you tried that? If you haven’t, be sure to check out my How to Cook Bacon Recipe. It’s crazy- easy!
How to Make Hawaiian Onion Dip:
- Cook onions and garlic in butter until caramelized.
- Stir in cream cheese and sour cream and salt until melted.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Top with bacon, ham, and pineapple.
- Bake and then top with green onions.
Since school is right around the corner, I have been trying to squeeze in a little more fun before Emmet heads back. I took him and a friend to the movies on Tuesday.
They chose The Secret Life of Pets. We arrived a bit early so I let them play a couple of arcade games and then we got our giant popcorn and Icees and headed for the theater.
When we went in the theater was packed so we made our way to the front row. I couldn’t believe they started the movie early. We missed the beginning.
I was so bummed, it seems like the movie always starts late and I checked the time on my phone and we were 10 minutes early.
Emmet’s friend, said hey we need to put on our 3-D glasses. I was so focused on missing the first part that I forgot about the glasses in my purse. As I pulled them out I realized no one else in the theater was wearing them.
That’s when it dawned on my that we were in the wrong theater. We scurried out and found the 3-D showing with great seats.
They were just starting the previews and I couldn’t help but laugh at myself. The kids thought it was funny too.
Anyway, the movie was so cute and funny, we loved it! We don’t make it to the theater too often since it’s about an hour drive, but it was totally worth it.
A must- see this summer. Oh and the 3-D was pretty cool. I don’t think I’ve tried to watch anything in 3-D since we had Pepsi glasses during the SuperBowl- how old am I!
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 large sweet onions
- 2 tablespoon minced garlic
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 6 slices Petit Jean Bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 slices Petit Jean Ham, diced (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
- Chips for serving.
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add butter to a large, oven proof skillet. Place over medium-low heat and add onions and garlic. Cook, stirring often until onions are caramelized.
- Lower heat to low. Add cream cheese and sour cream and salt. Stir until cream cheese is melted and all combined.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Top with bacon, ham, and pineapple. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until mozzarella is melted. Top with green onions and serve immediately.
Disclosure: I am a proud ambassador for Petit Jean Meats. I grew up loving this fine company and am so happy to spread the word about their great products. I received products for recipe development purposes but I was not compensated for this post. All thoughts and opinions are my own. Thank you for supporting the brands that help make Miss in the Kitchen possible.