This Pineapple Cream Cheese Pie Dip is the perfect appetizer or dessert for cookouts and holiday get togethers! My favorite cream cheese pie filling is topped with sweet pineapple and toasted macadamia nuts. I serve it up with graham crackers for a tasty dip that is always the hit of the party!
It’s that time of year that we all want to get outside and cookout and have all of our friends and family over for great food and fun. I’m always on the lookout for something new to make for such occasions. So I took one of my all- time favorite desserts, cream cheese pie, and turned it into a sweet appetizer.
It takes about 10 minutes to put this together and it is so delicious. I roughly chopped a few macadamia nuts and threw them in a skillet for about 5 minutes to toast while I made the pie filling. The pie filling is simply cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice. I poured that in a pie plate, topped it with crushed pineapple that I drained and the macadamia nuts. Pop that in the fridge until you are ready. That’s it. Super easy.
Toasted coconut would also be a great addition to the topping but we have a few coconut haters in our clan so I skipped the coconut this time.
Serve this quick and easy appetizer with graham crackers or vanilla wafers and it will disappear in no time at all.
A sweet appetizer was a new thing for us and one of my kids thought that the macadamia nuts were caramelized onions. He was really surprised when he tasted it thinking that it was onion dip. Crazy kids.
It’s great to make ahead the night before, it keeps really well if you keep it covered in the refrigerator.
- 8 oz softened cream cheese
- 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple, well drained
- ½ cup toasted macadamia nuts, roughly chopped
- graham crackers for serving
- Place softened cream cheese in a mixer bowl, beat about 2 minutes on medium speed. Add sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice and beat at medium speed until well combined and mixture is smooth.
- Pour into a pie plate and spread evenly. Top with well drained crushed pineapple and macadamia nuts. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours or until ready to serve.
- Serve with graham crackers.
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!