Pineapple Sheet Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting is double delicious and so simple to make! It is my new favorite easy dessert recipe!
I’m convinced that I’m never going to be a successful dieter or better yet a healthy eater. I know I should eat healthier and get my butt off of the couch and moving. I know in the end I will feel much better, but I suppose I just don’t want to do it.
It’s a new year and that’s when I start thinking about healthier choices. I even picked up a slew of yogurt cups so I would stop eating things like this Pineapple Sheet Cake for breakfast! Of course on the way home from this shopping trip, I stopped by Whattaburger and had a fried apple pie. Yeah.
I did take note of how Jennifer of Savory Simple made a few healthy changes over the last year, it’s worth the time to read it if you are feeling a bit like I am.
So onto this cake, it’s the perfect weeknight dessert and my family was still searching for one more piece after it was gone. I will be making it again really soon.
I basically added a can of crushed pineapple to a yellow cake mix and slightly adjusted the ingredients. I topped it with a little cream cheese frosting and it just might be my new favorite dessert. It is really moist and the pineapple and cream cheese combination is amazing.
Just don’t bake this if you are going to be home alone, it is impossible to resist!
- 1 yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup softened butter
- ½ cup water
- 1 20 oz can crushed pineapple (with juice)
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Add cake mix, eggs, butter, water, and pineapple to a large mixing bowl. Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until well combined.
- Pour into a greased sheet pan. Bake 18 - 20 minutes or until lightly browned and a toothpick inserted comes out mostly clean.
- Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- Add softened cream cheese and butter to a mixer bowl and beat on medium speed until creamy. Add powdered sugar, 1 cup at a time until incorporated. Add cream and vanilla and beat until smooth. Spread over cooled cake.
SIGN UP TO HAVE AN EMAIL DELIVERED TO YOUR INBOX FOR EACH NEW RECIPE!