Mini Cherry Cheesecakes are the perfect bite- size dessert for any party, holiday or special occasion. A delicious Oreo crust plus creamy cheesecake and topped off with the classic cherry pie filling, it's a dessert that everyone will love!
Mini Cherry Cheesecakes
Mini cheesecakes are my favorite since they are bite-sized. I like to sample one of everything and with mini desserts, I totally can.
They are easy to make ahead and keep in the refrigerator for a couple of days. A great dessert to take to a potluck, backyard cookout or family holiday gathering.
I almost always make a double batch of mini cheesecakes because they do disappear in a hurry. It seems like cheesecake is everyone's favorite. My boys do not have a huge sweet tooth like I do, so they love the bite-size desserts.
How to Make Mini Cherry Cheesecakes:
Crush Oreo Cookies into crumbs and mix with melted butter. I place the cookies in a zip top bag and use a rolling pin to smash them. The food processor works great too.
I use my cookie scoop to add fill the mini cheesecake pan with the crumbs.
The filling is softened cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla, all beat together until smooth.
I use the cookie scoop again to add the filling, about ¾ full.
Bake the cheesecakes for about 25 minutes. Cool and add your favorite cherry pie filling. Chill until ready to serve.
Helpful Tools for Baking Mini Cheesecakes:
Every time I bake mini cheesecakes, I have to wonder why I don't make them more often. They are so simple and a total show- stopping dessert!
Mini cheesecakes are not so finicky as a regular sized cheesecake. You don't have the hour long bake time, the hours of chilling. It all goes faster and easier with this mini version.
I have never been one to sweat the small stuff, like if my cheesecake cracks. I'm always topping it off like my chocolate cheesecake with caramel ganache. See any cracks? Nope you can't tell if that cheesecake cracked or not!
The mini cheesecake filling tends to sink a little as they cool. This just makes them perfect for toppings like cherry pie filling.
Don't be intimidated by these mini cheesecakes, they are super simple. You can top them with anything you like. Whipped Cream, strawberries, peaches, candied pecans, caramel, chocolate ganache. The options are limitless.
If you don't have the mini cheesecake pan, a muffin tin will work just dandy. You will need to use muffin liners and this recipe will only make 6 cupcake sized mini cheesecakes and the baking time might vary slightly.
I made these for our weekend cookout and the kids were even snagging them before we had dinner ready. Dessert first is always a good idea in my book.
We fried up some of the catfish from our fishing trip to Arkansas a few weeks ago. It was the best ever. We are loving our outdoor kitchen. It's the best place for hanging out with the kids.
Plan to make this Mini Cherry Cheesecakes Recipe with Oreo crust for your next get together! You will be glad you did!
More Cheesecake Recipes to Check Out:
- Caramel Apple Mini Cheesecakes
- Mini Mudslide Cheesecakes
- Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Pie
- Lemon Icebox Cheesecake
- Strawberry Cheesecake
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA AND NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
- 10 Oreo cookies
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Place Oreos in a zip top bag and crush into fine crumbs. Place in a bowl and add melted butter.
- Scoop about 1 tablespoon of crumb mixture into mini cheesecake pan. A cookie scoop works great.
- Add softened cream cheese into a mixing bowl and beat at medium speed until creamy. Add whipping cream and beat until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Add egg and beat until combined. While mixer is running, slowly add sugar until combined. Add vanilla and beat 1 minute. Scrape down sides of the bowl and beat 30 more seconds.
- Scoop into mini cheesecake pan about ¾ full.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until center of cheesecakes are set.
- Set aside to cool.
- Top with cherry pie filling and chill for one hour or until ready to serve.
Store cheesecakes, covered with plastic wrap in refrigerator up to 3 days.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 182Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 42mgSodium: 122mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.