Blooming Onion Sauce is a copycat version of the Outback Steakhouse dipping sauce perfect for their famous bloomin onion. A flavorful sauce that is simple to make with pantry ingredients.
We love making Blooming Onion appetizers and when we make Air Fryer Onion Rings, we just had to have blooming onion sauce to dip them in. We also love making this quick and easy sauce for French Fries, Onion Strings and Air Fryer Tater Tots.
Blooming Onion Sauce ~ Onion Ring Sauce
Deep fried foods and dipping sauce go hand in hand and this copycat Outback sauce is our favorite for onion rings or onion petals. It's so simple to make with ingredients you probably have on hand or can find easily at any grocery store.
- Prepared Horseradish Sauce - find it in the condiment isle at any grocery store. It's the secret ingredient to duplicating the famous sauce with a kick.
- Granulated Garlic
- Smoked Paprika
- Ground Cumin
- Dried Oregano
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
How to Make Blooming Onion Sauce:
- In a small bowl, add mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish sauce, garlic, smoked paprika, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Stir together until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate about 30 minutes before serving. Sauce can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks.
- Serve with onion rings or favorite fried foods.
This makes a small batch, really just enough for four servings and it keeps well, so don't hesitate to make a double batch. It's good for dipping your favorite fried foods including fried chicken strips, fried shrimp and don't forget the deep fried okra. We just can't get enough of it.
I often say that sauces could be their own food group at our house, so much that we even owned our own BBQ sauce business back in the days before we were food bloggers. We are constantly coming up with new flavor combinations and each one seems to be my new favorite. We've been making Outback sauce for ages and finally wrote it down to share.
Favorite Dipping Sauces:
- Homemade Barbecue Sauce is so good that we put it on everything, especially grilling recipes.
- Burger Sauce is another favorite that is like a kicked up version of McDonald's secret sauce. It's good on fries too!
- Honey Mustard Sauce is one of our go-to dipping sauces for air fryer chicken tenders, tater tots and fries.
- Cocktail Sauce is great for seafood and hushpuppies and is another favorite to make with horseradish.
We live about 2 hours away from the nearest Outback Steakhouse so we enjoy making this copycat recipe at home. It's a great recipe to have on hand for all of your favorite deep fried snacks and appetizers.
If you love homemade onion rings give this easy Blooming Onion Sauce recipe a try. You can even make it ahead to have on hand when the craving strikes.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish sauce
- ½ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, ketchup, horseradish, garlic, smoked paprika, cumin, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes before serving.
Sauce can be made ahead and stored in refrigerated up to 2 weeks in an airtight container.
Double as needed.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218Total Fat: 21gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 12mgSodium: 565mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g
Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.