Air Fryer Onion Rings ~ Extra Crispy Onion Rings
How to Make Air Fryer Onion Rings:
If you don't have an air fryer, these crispy onion rings can be made in a conventional oven. Cook onion rings on a wire rack lined baking sheet at 425° for about 7 - 10 minutes.
You might also like our classic Fried Onion Rings recipe for burger night.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
You might also like our Outback Steakhouse copycat Blooming Onion appetizer recipe. They are surprisingly easy to make at home and are just as delicious as the restaurant version.
More Air Fryer Recipes to Try:
Air Fryer Soft Pretzels are just as delicious as the classic mall pretzels and bake in just 6 minutes!
Air Fryer Pretzel Dogs make a quick and easy dinner or great to make ahead for an after school snack.
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 2 sweet onions
- 1 cup all purpose flour, divided
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2- 3 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- Blooming Onion Sauce for dipping
- Peel and slice onions into ¼ inch slices and separate into individual rings.
- In a shallow bowl add ½ cup all purpose flour.
- Add ½ cup all purpose flour to another shallow bowl with Panko, garlic, smoked paprika, pepper and salt. Mix well.
- In a third small bowl, whisk egg and milk together.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and another baking sheet with a wire rack, set both aside.
- Dredge onion rings into flour coating both the inside and the outside.
- Dip into egg mixture, coating all over.
- Dredge through breadcrumb mixture until well coated.
- Place on the lined baking sheet in a single layer. If you need a second layer, just top the first layer with another piece of parchment and place onion rings on top.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place the breaded onion rings on the baking sheet into the freezer for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the air fryer at 400° for 5 minutes.
- Remove onion rings from the freezer and spray with oil, coating both sides well.
- Cook onion rings in the air fryer basket in a single layer, not touching at 400° for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to the wire rack lined baking sheet and continue with the remaining onion rings.
- Serve immediately with Blooming Onion Sauce or your favorite dipping sauces.
Conventional Oven Method:
Cook onion rings on a wire rack lined baking sheet at 425° for about 7 - 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 365Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 291mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 3gSugar: 9gProtein: 8g
Nutritional information is for the onion rings only, does not included dipping sauce. Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.