Air Fryer Onion Rings ~ Extra Crispy Onion Rings
How to Make Air Fryer Onion Rings:
If you don't have an air fryer, these crispy onion rings can be made in a conventional oven. Cook onion rings on a wire rack lined baking sheet at 425° for about 7 - 10 minutes.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
More Air Fryer Recipes to Try:
FOLLOW MISS IN THE KITCHEN ON SOCIAL MEDIA
IF YOU LOVE THIS RECIPE AS MUCH AS I DO, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT AND A FIVE STAR REVIEW, AND BE SURE TO HELP ME SHARE ON PINTEREST!
- 2 sweet onions
- 1 cup all purpose flour, divided
- ½ cup Panko bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2- 3 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
- Peel and slice onions into ¼ inch slices and separate into individual rings.
- In a shallow bowl add ½ cup all purpose flour.
- Add ½ cup all purpose flour to another shallow bowl with Panko, garlic, smoked paprika, pepper and salt. Mix well.
- In a third small bowl, whisk egg and milk together.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and another baking sheet with a wire rack, set both aside.
- Dredge onion rings into flour coating both the inside and the outside.
- Dip into egg mixture, coating all over.
- Dredge through breadcrumb mixture until well coated.
- Place on the lined baking sheet in a single layer. If you need a second layer, just top the first layer with another piece of parchment and place onion rings on top.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Place the breaded onion rings on the baking sheet into the freezer for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat the air fryer at 400° for 5 minutes.
- Remove onion rings from the freezer and spray with oil, coating both sides well.
- Cook onion rings in the air fryer basket in a single layer, not touching at 400° for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove to the wire rack lined baking sheet and continue with the remaining onion rings.
- Serve immediately with Blooming Onion Sauce or your favorite dipping sauces.
Conventional Oven Method:
Cook onion rings on a wire rack lined baking sheet at 425° for about 7 - 10 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 365Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 47mgSodium: 291mgCarbohydrates: 48gFiber: 3gSugar: 9gProtein: 8g
Nutritional information is for the onion rings only, does not included dipping sauce. Nutritional calculations are estimated and may not be accurate.